British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/business-class-airfares-uk-europe-approx-%242700-%242800-rtn-653462/)

bcworld Jun 1st 2012 7:44 pm

Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine (Post 10096060)
Just a quick one, have i got to fly back the exact same route as we take in going to the UK.
For Example Can we arrive Brisbane Bangkok Heathrow, and comeback maybe Birmingham Munich Bangkok, Brisbane. or even through a different European City, as long as we come through Bangkok and Arrive back in Brisbane thank you

You can travel back by any route you like. But if you have arrived into LHR & depart from BHX you won't be able to include any >24 hr stopovers at BKK or anywhere else.

phat-dave Jun 1st 2012 9:10 pm

do you think there would be chance of two stopovers on the return leg if none taken on the original journey?

YUL > JFK (stopover) > LAX (stopover) > MEL ?

bcworld Jun 1st 2012 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by phat-dave (Post 10096176)
do you think there would be chance of two stopovers on the return leg if none taken on the original journey?

YUL > JFK (stopover) > LAX (stopover) > MEL ?

No. Because the rule is one stopover per itinerary, not one stopover each way.

anawanahuanana Jun 3rd 2012 12:35 am

OK, I'm ready to buy the family some miles but can anyone answer me a couple of quick questions first please. Pretty sure these haven't been covered recently although I've read the whole thread over the last few months.

1: We'd be looking for seats for 3. Two adults and an infant. I know technically the infant can go on a lap, but frankly he's huge and it would be too uncomfortable if he didn't have his own seat. He'll be almost 2 by the time of return so it's not like he's tiny. Obviously holding for take off and landing isn't a problem. Does anyone have experience of holding 2 award seats in business on Thai and then having more come available so they can book them all together? I can only ever find 2 seats in business.

2: My wee man has his own miles account but if "he" was to buy miles, can that be done with my credit card or does the card need to be in the account holders name?

3: Does anyone know how many US miles it would cost in business from LAX to LHR return each? I can use staff travel to get to LAX in relative comfort if required.

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

nic75 Jun 3rd 2012 8:52 am

Hi bcworld, could I call on your expertise to help with a booking for March / April next year. I am checking regularly on Ana Japan for flights to Brisbane round about 19th March, we're flexible on dates returning around 16th April. Thai would be our preferred but would settle for anything really. Going out is ok but can't get anything coming up for Thai on the return. Is it feasible that they could be sold out for this period. Cheers once again for your help.

KJCherokee Jun 3rd 2012 10:24 am

ITS ON AGAIN ANOTHER 100% OFFER
Is this an offer from US Airways or from Points? I haven't seen an email from US Airways yet.

(Edit) OK, just checked the US Airways website - will top up my account tonight!

kmthor Jun 3rd 2012 2:31 pm

2: My wee man has his own miles account but if "he" was to buy miles, can that be done with my credit card or does the card need to be in the account holders name?

you can use your card to top up his account

Almo Jun 3rd 2012 10:13 pm

Hi bcworld

I'm sorry to ask, I know you've already put so much time into helping people but do you have any suggestions for alternative routings from LHR - MEL? We are trying to get back at the end of December and there is no availability between BKK and MEL on Thai, would have to go via Changi on SQ. Obviously we will do this if necessary (should only be my partner coming back anyway, think I am going to be on a one way ticket :fingerscrossed:) but I wondered if there was an alternative.

Almo

bcworld Jun 3rd 2012 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by nic75 (Post 10098263)
Hi bcworld, could I call on your expertise to help with a booking for March / April next year. I am checking regularly on Ana Japan for flights to Brisbane round about 19th March, we're flexible on dates returning around 16th April. Thai would be our preferred but would settle for anything really. Going out is ok but can't get anything coming up for Thai on the return. Is it feasible that they could be sold out for this period. Cheers once again for your help.

They haven't sold out...they actually haven't released the seats at all yet. Thai are notorious for lagging behind...the seats should be available shortly.

nic75 Jun 4th 2012 3:14 am

Thanks again bcworld, you are truly a mine of information. Cheers

jamesflorraine Jun 4th 2012 12:06 pm

All booked for the UK for Christmas and New Year, had to go from Sydney 19TH Dec, Arr Back in Australia 4th Jan had to pay $419 tax per person,
All booked start to finish 40 minutes even received itinerary by Email before the Call was finished.
Really impressed with this Thank You BC & KM & Louie,& Almo for all advice

bcworld Jun 4th 2012 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Almo (Post 10098991)
We are trying to get back at the end of December and there is no availability between BKK and MEL on Thai

What dates are you looking at Almo...I can see plenty of late Dec availability, especially on TG461??

IRBaboon Jun 4th 2012 1:00 pm

We are looking for fares for 2 adults, 1 child & 1 infant back to London from Perth, do you think it is worth joining this scheme or is availability going to be too limited?

Almo Jun 4th 2012 1:04 pm

My mistake, it was the LHR - BKK leg I was having problems with. It looks as if availability has opened up on TG911 on 30 December only, but no TG461 on 31 December to connect, so would need to incorporate a stop over at BKK and catch either 465 or 461 on 1 Jan.

This is all via the ANA tool. I tried Aeroplan yesterday to look for an itinerary via OSL or FRA which would avoid a stopover but had no luck. I will try ANA for OSL or FRA flights.

bcworld Jun 4th 2012 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Almo (Post 10100266)
My mistake, it was the LHR - BKK leg I was having problems with. It looks as if availability has opened up on TG911 on 30 December only, but no TG461 on 31 December to connect, so would need to incorporate a stop over at BKK and catch either 465 or 461 on 1 Jan.

This is all via the ANA tool. I tried Aeroplan yesterday to look for an itinerary via OSL or FRA which would avoid a stopover but had no luck. I will try ANA for OSL or FRA flights.

OSL is a good choice as the aircraft is being changed to TG's brand new 777 with full lie flat business class.