Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Mar 17th 2014, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Just flew from London to Syd on Emirates. I'm an Emirates virgin. Have to say, service was pretty damn good, entertainment was outstanding and the hostesses. Wow. They obviously have no employment rules on equal opportunity in the UAE. They were humdingers. Each and every one.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 5:29 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ballys
Hi BC World,
Just topped up Life Miles I need to fly from BCN to BKK on 18th May 2014 using Life Miles but shows sold out. Is there any other alternative? Thanks
I tried it and it offered me two options in business...both BCN-FRA-BKK on LH/TG.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm trying to search for flights to and from the UK for next xmas and return new year. Booking before the 30th..... Pushing it I know.

Would some one please be kind enough to give me possible alternate routes so I can search for seat availability. All I'm getting is routing via BKK.
There must be other sectors i can search by?

Thank you kindly.

Keef
Old Mar 20th 2014, 9:32 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keefymonster
So........

US would not allow the TG474 BNE>BKK.
She said there were multiple options but the connection was so poor it was very hard to hear what she was saying.

Anyway, we keep the TG 472 > BKK and connect with LH773 at 12:10 I class > FRA>MAN

Not happy about losing the A380 1st seats, but that will be something to look forward to on the return trip.

Bloody stressful but could have been a lot worse.

BC thank you for your help/advice, and thanks to the others for their support.

Has any one flown on the LH773 BKK>FRA?
If you have and it's rubbish, please make something up........

Regards

Keef
Probably not what you need to hear...but TG have changed their mind...TG472 is back to afternoon departure but only operating 3 days a week.

http://airlineroute.net/2014/03/20/tg-syd-may14/

This is classic TG!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 12:46 pm
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Just booked BCN-ZUR-BKK business class using Lifemiles flying Swiss, many thanks again.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

ARRRRRRH!!!!

Thanks for the heads up BC.

They have us booked on the TG472 19/04 15:40 SYD > BKK 22:00: LH773 19/04 (12:10pm) BKK > FRA.

I guessing as the last booking had us leaving on the 18/04 we're not going to connect with LH773

Guess what I'll be doing over the weekend.

Did any one say 2hr phone call?.........

I have had a quick look can't see any flights connecting with the above out of BKK to FRA. BC are there any flights to LHR? I can't see any using ANA.

Keef
Old Mar 24th 2014, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

All sorted!
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Does any one know what the difference in taxes and fees flying BNE>BKK>LHR compared to BNE>BKK>FRA>MAN returning either via LHR or MAN? Does it matter?

Thanks

Keef

Last edited by keefymonster; Mar 24th 2014 at 8:16 am.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:48 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Does any one know what the difference in taxes and fees flying BNE>BKK>LHR compared to BNE>BKK>FRA>MAN returning either via LHR or MAN? Does it matter?

Thanks

Keef
Whatever the difference is it should be very small.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 6:46 am
Just Joined

dave76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
C'mon then...details!
outbound: LAS-SFO-ICN-SYD (on Asiana. great service, lie-flat beds) stay 3 months in SYD
return: SYD-BKK-MAD (TG, stopover 5 days)-CLT-LAS (US, Envoy but have no illusions. US is crap all around)

crazy.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 6:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by dave76
outbound: LAS-SFO-ICN-SYD (on Asiana. great service, lie-flat beds) stay 3 months in SYD
return: SYD-BKK-MAD (TG, stopover 5 days)-CLT-LAS (US, Envoy but have no illusions. US is crap all around)

crazy.
ICN-SYD is typically not lie flats. I'm not a fan of OZ...flew ICN-HNL-ICN-HKG and I'd give it about 3 stars.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:04 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by dave76

crazy.
Oh...and just in case you or anyone else is affected by this...get re-booking fast!

Asiana Sydney service reduction May - Oct

...and as a general reminder, US effectively leaves Star Alliance on Sunday, if you need to book or make changes on *A...do it now!
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

BC if you were flying to and from the UK which airline/s would you chose for the best business class seats?

Keef ;o)
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:15 am
Frequent Flyer Member

BC if you were flying to and from the UK which airline/s would you chose for the best business class seats?

Keef ;o)
Given what's likely to be available my choice would be the TG 77W flights (ex MEL and BNE) to BKK and then Eva from BKK-LHR. Flat bed all the way.

You could get flat bed all the way on Air China but I'm skeptical about the rest of it!
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks BC!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.