Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Feb 4th 2014, 1:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Nice!
Don't be telling me if you get upgraded, this colour is very unflattering
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:06 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Sydney Schedule Changes on TG

FYI...Thai has brought in a hideous schedule change for one of the daily SYD-BKK flights for the summer timetable from late March - late October.

TG472 instead of departing early evening and arriving before midnight into BKK now departs late from SYD and arrives into BKK around 3AM when all the connecting flights to Europe have already left! If you have a US booking check carefully as you might be rebooked with misconnecting flights, this seems quite common.

The other net result is that SYD-LHR on TG now seems to be impossible to book with LifeMiles because all the layovers are too long for their limits.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Bollox!!!!

Have flights booked on the 742 18/04 and 930 19/04

Any Idea how the Thai reschedule will affect 471 BKK >SYD?

Keef ;o)
Old Feb 6th 2014, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Hey BC,

I'm having real trouble figuring out how to get to the UK on the 18/04 now Thai have changed the schedule. Award travelr doesn't even show 1st in the search results.....

Can you help me with an itinerary before I call US Airways?
The plan was:
SYD>BKK>CDG>FRA>MAN

The aim was to travel 1st on the 930 to CDG. Convoluted I know but wanted to do first on the a380
We could fly from TSV to SYD on the 17th if there is availability.

If you can provide any help or guidance it would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Keef ;o)
Old Feb 6th 2014, 8:25 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keefymonster
Bollox!!!!

Have flights booked on the 742 18/04 and 930 19/04

Any Idea how the Thai reschedule will affect 471 BKK >SYD?

Keef ;o)
471 isn't affected...which sounds strange. But TG used to leave an aircraft sitting on the ground all day in SYD...now it seems both flights turn around and leave quick smart.

Before looking for alternative routes have you checked your booking to see what has happened to it? You may already have been reaccommodated.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

No I haven't called yet.
I wanted to be armed with info in case of a poor outcome.
I'll call US Airways tonight and hear what they have to say.

Thanks BC
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:41 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

No I haven't called yet.
I wanted to be armed with info in case of a poor outcome.
I'll call US Airways tonight and hear what they have to say.

Thanks BC
Do you not have confirmation codes to allow you to log onto either the US or TG websites to check your booking? You will likely find it has already been changed in some way. Better to check this out before calling US.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Yes I've already logged onto and looked at the US booking.
They have made changes to TG742 and we land three hours after TG930 leaves.
No other changes That I can see.........
Hence, my thoughts about a new route.
Forearmed is forewarned as they say.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 3:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Yes I've already logged onto and looked at the US booking.
They have made changes to TG742 and we land three hours after TG930 leaves.
No other changes That I can see.........
Hence, my thoughts about a new route.
Forearmed is forewarned as they say.
Well the simplest solution is to get on TG476 at 10AM that morning and have an extended stay in the F lounge. There are 5 unsold seats in F but no award availability. Get US to work with TG to move you onto that - involve a supervisor if you have to. You should call when TG's office in LAX is open so choose your time to call carefully...roughly LA business hours.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

I'll give that a go BC, thanks for the advice.
Am I correct in saying LA is 18hrs behind us?
Old Feb 7th 2014, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all

We had a similar problem back in April. Thai cancelled our midnight flight from FRA – BKK and we were rebooked on the earlier flight which didn’t connect with our EDI – FRA. We only discovered this the day before we flew. Before contacting US Airways, I decided to contact the Thai Contact Centre in Bangkok. They were very helpful, rebooked me on the same flight but the following day, sent me confirmation codes etc It did mean we had to stay overnight at Frankfurt Airport but Thai were very good. Reimbursed our hotel costs and gave us a day room at Bangkok airport with meals included (we had a long stopover as a result of the change). We were in business class. It might be another option to sort out your dilemma. Good luck.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I am not yet familiar with Lifemiles. If Sydney - London with Thai is out, what other alternatives are there?
Old Feb 7th 2014, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks nic75 that is another option to consider if I do not get anywhere with US.
Old Feb 7th 2014, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

I have just spoken to US the operator immediately noticed the problem said she could help with it and I was put through to international? immediately who then informed me that I must to speak to Thai Air as they are responsible for the "mis-connect" so they must my sort the poblem.
I asked of there was anything she could do to help? She basically said no Thai created the problem they must fix it.

I wonder if I'm getting the run around?????

I'll see what Thai have to say.
Old Feb 8th 2014, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Thai BKK office have directed me to the Sydney office.
Will have to call on Monday.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.