Business Class

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Business Class

So...

Did anybody go business or first class on their move to Oz? we are definately considering it. The wee man will be about a year and a half old by the time we go and economy just seems too much of a bloody nightmare with a small kid.

It's Three and a half grand for two seats, which is more than a bit shocking. :scared:

Do you think it's worth it?
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
So...

Did anybody go business or first class on their move to Oz? we are definately considering it. The wee man will be about a year and a half old by the time we go and economy just seems too much of a bloody nightmare with a small kid.

It's Three and a half grand for two seats, which is more than a bit shocking. :scared:

If you can afford it then why not.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:16 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

So...

If you can afford to miss it, sure.

Lots more space, better service etc.

I would personally suffer less room, and treat myself in Oz.

If you book early, the chances are you can pre book your seats online. If you choose seats next to the exits, you have more legroom. Costs the same, but more space.

When I flew last week, there where quite a few young kids on the flight from very young babies to about 10years old . No major problems, no screaming for hours etc. If you your sprog is normally ok, economy should be no problem.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:17 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

We were upgraded from Japan to Brisbane and the seats were huge and the extra room made a difference.

If you have the money to spare, then go for it. As you say, with a small child it could make things easier.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:18 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

So...

My partner and I came to Oz business class, the lounges were great when you stopped! So many drinks and comfortable lounges, if you can afford it do it, however, if it will be a once off thing and you fly back cattle class you will know what your missing out on....

I liked the idea of not having to wake anyone up when i needed the toilet.

ZX....
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

and you fly back cattle class you will know what your missing out on....
One way trip.

We were upgraded on a recent trip and it is amazing. Donno if it's worth an extra 2 grand though. That's a small used car. :scared:
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Unycorne is on a distinguished road

My husband and i flew first class with Singapore - it was fantastic and what a great way to start a new life. We had champagne and all.

The crew were great and even gave us a little goody bag with a couple of decks of cards etc with a good luck note signed by all

It will probably be your only time you can justify the expense so i definately say go for it.

shel
xxx
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:46 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

So...

Yes - absolutely - if you can afford to do it. I was spoilt with corporate travel for a few years and flew business and first. I just cant face economy long haul anymore and am grateful for the large quantity of airmiles I accrued to upgrade my long flights now.

Be careful with the airline though. Each business class and first class product is not the same. Emirates offer low business class fares and cheap first class but even first class is put to shame by say Singapores business class.

If you are going to fly business or first then Singapore, Qantas or Cathay since those have flat bed seats even in business albeit angled seats. First class Singapore is awesome and you have your own complete flat bed seat, 15" LCD TV, dinner service that would shame a lot of restaurants. They even come and make your bed for you complete with duvet whilst you get changed into your complimentary Givancy PJ's. Singapore change only in Singapore which is nice since you can go to the lounge and have a great meal and shower before the next flight. Business is good as well but first is unquestionably the best first class around.

The only other airline I have flown first with is Emirates which is not a flat bed seat but have HEAPS of room and the food service is better. Emirates do give you a complimentary chauffeur to the airport and also when in Australia to you ultimate destination. Emirates will stop in Dubai and Singapore though and there is no lounge in Singapore for the refuelling. I did the London to Brisbane route half a dozen times and there is nothing wrong with it - but fly first and not business with Emirates.

With all the airlines the lounges are very nice indeed.

Check out all the business class and first class offerings at www.airlinequality.com

Its only 24 hours of your life but if you can afford it then why not arrive in style to Australia and have some great memories of saying...i flew first class into my new home. Afterall, when are you ever going to emigrate again
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:49 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

So...

I was upgraded on a Japan Airlines flight to Australia about 7 years ago...it was absolutely fabulous, I felt like a princess, but there is no way I could justify paying for it myself!!! If you have the money though why not? To be honest economy class on long haul now is a lot better than it used to be!

I complain if I have to pay over 600 quid for a seat though!!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:50 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

and no, I really don't think it's worth it!!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Jeez...

Singapore airlines are more than double the price of emirates. Over Eight Grand for two business class seats... **** that.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Centurion
Yes - absolutely - if you can afford to do it. I was spoilt with corporate travel for a few years and flew business and first. I just cant face economy long haul anymore and am grateful for the large quantity of airmiles I accrued to upgrade my long flights now.

Be careful with the airline though. Each business class and first class product is not the same. Emirates offer low business class fares and cheap first class but even first class is put to shame by say Singapores business class.

If you are going to fly business or first then Singapore, Qantas or Cathay since those have flat bed seats even in business albeit angled seats. First class Singapore is awesome and you have your own complete flat bed seat, 15" LCD TV, dinner service that would shame a lot of restaurants. They even come and make your bed for you complete with duvet whilst you get changed into your complimentary Givancy PJ's. Singapore change only in Singapore which is nice since you can go to the lounge and have a great meal and shower before the next flight. Business is good as well but first is unquestionably the best first class around.

The only other airline I have flown first with is Emirates which is not a flat bed seat but have HEAPS of room and the food service is better. Emirates do give you a complimentary chauffeur to the airport and also when in Australia to you ultimate destination. Emirates will stop in Dubai and Singapore though and there is no lounge in Singapore for the refuelling. I did the London to Brisbane route half a dozen times and there is nothing wrong with it - but fly first and not business with Emirates.

With all the airlines the lounges are very nice indeed.

Check out all the business class and first class offerings at www.airlinequality.com

Its only 24 hours of your life but if you can afford it then why not arrive in style to Australia and have some great memories of saying...i flew first class into my new home. Afterall, when are you ever going to emigrate again

Look at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I travel business and first all the time, the later probably the least, and all I can say its all shite, if I could I rather have the money and buy a boat or give it my family as its all status, its puts no value into your life apart from showing off with a load off old croans boring you silly in the "lounges" boasting how good they are, what they have blah blah blah, boring totally crap, and the only thing i get is a few jd's and coke for free, but then imagine how much JD you could buy with the difference...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

usual porshe boxster brigade!! and the odd one may own a businees or be aIT guru, and maybe the odd PR exec.

and lets face it, all you do is eat and fart on a plane, the blankets and Pj's are to keep the farts in!!!

keep the money and spend it Aus, recouping the journey and living in style staying at some luxury hotel for 2 weeks , limo service etc,,,
If you travel business, first or normal class, you will be knackered when you get here regardless, and after doing this trip a few times, its all the same...either way, all crap too long and completely naff.

sorry I am cynical, I just see the whole show as a charade.......and a total waste of cash, but if you wont miss it as its yours do it anyway....

who am i to convince you, but then again if you could afford it, you wouldnt ask the question here either..............would you, as it wouldnt cross your mind.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I personally wouldn't pay the extra but each to their own as they say. We got upgraded once on Cathay from economy to business class between Manchester and Hong Kong. When I checked later it would have cost £570 each for the upgrade on that leg alone and I didn't think it was worth it for what extra you got (there's only so much one can eat and drink too).

These days seat requests can be made in advance and airlines are pretty good at putting couples with young children in the front row. A bit of living in Scotland might be rubbing off on me because I too would think the extra for the tickets could get a week long holiday for the family, a laptop, part of a car, a few months rent or whatever. On the other hand if you can afford it without having to give up on other things then go for it.

I suspect you are wanting people to say, go on, treat yourself, 'because I'm worth it' as they say somewhere!

OzTennis
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

stokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant future

I travelled business class to Oz last time as work were paying. Even though the seats are like armchairs I was still utterly shattered when I arrived.

Personally if I'd paid 3 grand for business class and a kid starting screaming it's head off I would be extremely pissed off.

There's something surreal about eating steak off china plates and cups with a plastic knife and fork.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:25 am
Daveee

Dave Edwards is an unknown quantity at this point

Business Class, First Class....if you've never tried them before then why not, you ought to do everything once in life and it is a long way. Either way you travel you'll get off the plane tired and feeling pretty grubby. Mind you I'd rather let someone else pay for the expensive ticket, if the companies paying fine, but if I was paying, cattle class would be fine.

But then again there are alternatives. Why not stop off on the trip, visit Tokyo or Hong Kong, Bangkok or Singapore. Have a couple of days out somewhere exotic. You could even come over via LA and drop into Disneyworld on the way over, not too sure if a small child would appreciate the place at that age but then it's mostly for the adults anyway.

Doesn't matter what class you arrive on, it'll be a pretty exciting trip either way....enjoy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.