Bush fires

Old Oct 13th 2004, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Dave, Tracy & Emily is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Bush fires

I had a phone call from a friend in Brisbane, she started the conversation with,
"I don't know what you've heard, but your house is ok".
well you can imagine my reply "WHATTTTTTT".
She was concerned that i had heard about the bush fires on Mt. Cootha, our house is in bardon which is at the base.
She is such a good friend she has drove past the house a couple of times to check. I asked her how she would tell us if it had burned down, she said "very quickly, saying, you were going to renovate anyway when you returned, now you can start from scratch".
I told her that if the fires do get close, I expect to see her on the news being dragged away by the police with a bucket in one hand and a hose in the other shouting " NOOOOO it can still be saved".
The fires can't be to close as the tenants have just asked to sign for another six months.

To all smokers, pleassssssseeeee DO NOT throw your live cig buts out the window, they cause so much damage through bush fires, use the ash tray in the car, that's what it's there for.

On a possitive note, we have booked our flights home to Oz in June 2005, YEEEEEEEPPPPPPEEEE.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 9:41 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bush fires

Originally Posted by Dave, Tracy & Emily
I told her that if the fires do get close, I expect to see her on the news being dragged away by the police with a bucket in one hand and a hose in the other shouting " NOOOOO it can still be saved".
I've got an image in my head now
Old Oct 13th 2004, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave, Tracy & Emily
I had a phone call from a friend in Brisbane, she started the conversation with,
"I don't know what you've heard, but your house is ok".
well you can imagine my reply "WHATTTTTTT".
She was concerned that i had heard about the bush fires on Mt. Cootha, our house is in bardon which is at the base.
She is such a good friend she has drove past the house a couple of times to check. I asked her how she would tell us if it had burned down, she said "very quickly, saying, you were going to renovate anyway when you returned, now you can start from scratch".
The fires can't be to close as the tenants have just asked to sign for another six months.

To all smokers, pleassssssseeeee DO NOT throw your live cig buts out the window, they cause so much damage through bush fires, use the ash tray in the car, that's what it's there for.

On a possitive note, we have booked our flights home to Oz in June 2005, YEEEEEEEPPPPPPEEEE.
One practical tip, dont know how long you have been away? but building materials and supplies have gone up a lot in the last two years they seemed to soar with the housing boom anyway we just reinsured our houses for about $80,000 more each to cover 2004 costs and what the insurance company always says people forget the cost of removing the debris should a house be destroyed by storm/fire. Tehy reckon most houses are underinsured Im a bloody builder and mine were way under
Old Oct 13th 2004, 10:56 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
One practical tip, dont know how long you have been away? but building materials and supplies have gone up a lot in the last two years they seemed to soar with the housing boom anyway we just reinsured our houses for about $80,000 more each to cover 2004 costs and what the insurance company always says people forget the cost of removing the debris should a house be destroyed by storm/fire. Tehy reckon most houses are underinsured Im a bloody builder and mine were way under
Apparently there is a huge demand from China for building materials which is sqeezing availability.