Burpengary!!!

Old Apr 5th 2009, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Pat14 is on a distinguished road
Default Burpengary!!!

Hi,
Any body heard of Burpengary and if so have they any views on it as a place for a young family to settle
Old Apr 6th 2009, 12:01 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burpengary!!!

Originally Posted by Pat14
Hi,
Any body heard of Burpengary and if so have they any views on it as a place for a young family to settle
I have it is on the northside of Brisbane, it is nice enough just like most Suburbs in QLD great for families.

To be honest mate, if your coming from Corby it will be like paradise on earth, I promise you .

I come from Northants and Corby , no offence was in my opinion the crappiest most unfriendly place in the whole of Northants.

Trust me you will be blown away if your coming from Corby
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben

To be honest mate, if your coming from Corby it will be like paradise on earth, I promise you .

Blimey this Corby must be bad then Never thought of Burpengary as paradise Its OK though.

Its got some big level blocks/houses at very cheap prices compared to the acerage on the coast Not far from brisbane at all, but roadworks on the highway there have gone on for about 2 years:curse: Nothing flash about the area, would guess its mid income earniers, dad works mum part time or on tax benefits... Very handy area for getting to lots of facilities in North brisbane, but traffic out in rush hour I strongly suspect might be hellish, mind you I say that as its always where the traffic jam to brisbane starts.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:12 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Yeah, must agree. I used to live in Northampton too and the whole county is pretty crap really.

Why Burpengary exactly? Nice enough place except for the fact that it has the misfortune of having the name Gary in it.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Parts of Burpengary East we found to be quite lovely. The rest of it is like most places, nice in some parts and not so nice in others. I understand the schools have good reputations. If you do a search there is quite a long thread on here about Burpengary with lots of different perspectives.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Why Burpengary exactly? Nice enough place except for the fact that it has the misfortune of having the name Gary in it.[/QUOTE]

What a Garyest remark that is! What's wrong with it?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:42 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorrielou

What a Garyest remark that is! What's wrong with it?
what has a Gary ever achieved?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:45 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

The Gary part is okay. I don't like the burp part. Yeuch.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
what has a Gary ever achieved?
I seem to think Gary Lineker acheived quite a bit!
Well, he helped the sale of Walkers crisps anyway!

Probably best not to mention Gary Glitter though
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably Gary Lineker burped quite a lot after all those crisps he had to eat.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:08 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I seem to think Gary Lineker acheived quite a bit!
Well, he helped the sale of Walkers crisps anyway!

Probably best not to mention Gary Glitter though
yes he was quite the national hero until The Sun revealed on their front page that he cheated at "They Think It's All Over".

Still, is that the best a Gary has ever achieved? No physics or litterary awards?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Hi,
Close to the Bruce Highway, 30 minutes to Brisbane (on a good day)
5 minutes to Morayfield shopping precent.
10 minutes to North Lakes
20 Minutes to Bribie Island Beach
45 Minutes to Sunshine Coast.

It also has a rail link to the city, swimming pool, shops, chinese, Indian, Dominoes Pizza.

All in all it's not bad. Lots of new builds going up around the area, we live in Narangba which is 10 minutes away, which won an Australia Master Planned community award last year.

There are many large acreage plots also available in the surrounding areas.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Still, is that the best a Gary has ever achieved? No physics or litterary awards?
Here are a few more! No great academics though
http://www.barrydan.com/Famous%20Gary's.html
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Broad Shoulders;7455096]yes he was quite the national hero until The Sun revealed on their front page that he cheated at "They Think It's All Over".

God, is that true? That's outrageous!

Still, is that the best a Gary has ever achieved?

Yes, one married me (lucky chap) and fathered our kids
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:14 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Here are a few more! No great academics though
http://www.barrydan.com/Famous%20Gary's.html
I rest my case

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.