Bunnies!

Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Simpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really nice
Default Bunnies!

If everything goes smoothly with our skilled independent visa application then I hope to move to Australia next year along with my Husband. We have two pet rabbits over here that I'd love to come and live with us, but I have read that transporting pets over to Aus can be as expensive (if not more costly) than our own fare. Has anyone moved pets over to Aus, is there a ban on importing pet rabbits, what costs are involved, and how safe is it for the pets (IE what will travel conditions be like for them)?
I'd love to hear other peoples experiences, and any hints would be appreciated,
Thanks
xxx
Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:25 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bunnies!

Originally Posted by Simpleton
If everything goes smoothly with our skilled independent visa application then I hope to move to Australia next year along with my Husband. We have two pet rabbits over here that I'd love to come and live with us, but I have read that transporting pets over to Aus can be as expensive (if not more costly) than our own fare. Has anyone moved pets over to Aus, is there a ban on importing pet rabbits, what costs are involved, and how safe is it for the pets (IE what will travel conditions be like for them)?
Thanks
xxx
I'm sure you can't bring rabbits over to Oz. I read this somewhere on the forum.

Do a search, but be prepared to get a few threads not related to animal type rabbits
Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I'm sure you can't bring rabbits over to Oz. I read this somewhere on the forum.

Do a search, but be prepared to get a few threads not related to animal type rabbits
what sort then
Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:38 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
what sort then
Something from this site maybe

http://shop.adultshop.com.au/product...XIQC-vl0Ikipsd
Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

no way

hey, stop bring this thread down
Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Simpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really nice

Thanks for the linky! (I mean to the other forum post, lol!)

It's not looking awfully promising I thought that I had seen somewhere that small pets could be transported, I thought maybe they would have to go through quarantine or something.
I do like having pet bunnies, but I kinda like the ones I've got, and would be sad to rehome them, only to go and replace them once we settle in WA.

thanks again
x
Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough

Hello there,

Bunnies are defo no allowed to be taken to Oz, my father-in-law is one of the top rabbit breeders in UK and has said to us in the past that they don't allow them in the country as they are vermin, Sorry
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

Didn't think you were allowed to advertise your own business!!! Don't we all wish it was!!!!

My missus got her bunnie through customs without a problem.
The sniffer dogs picked her out of a million!!!
Rampant rabbit was the best selling sextoy in 2006!!!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:29 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simpleton
Thanks
xxx
No, you cannot bring rabbits into OZ. They are classed as a pest here. Trap yerself a possum when you get here and 'turn' it into a pet!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:31 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

no you cant bring your bunnies,

I wanted to bring my two, emailed AQIS and was told a definate no

Last edited by penky; Oct 7th 2007 at 8:55 pm. Reason: spelling!!