British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Bundy is Glum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bundy-glum-257114/)

SunshineGirl Sep 28th 2004 4:44 am

Re: Bundy is Glum

I'm not surprised you're glum. What a rotten situation. I sincerely hope your Mum gets loads better and soon.

I haven't told my parents yet. They just don't suspect a thing.

Dad will be all for it but Mum will cry rivers of tears. We're going ahead and will tell them when it's too late to be emotionally blackmailed out of it.

My brother and sisters are up for it - well, all they can see is free accomodation in the sun!

I'm about to send some karma, never done this before but you deserve it.

Keep your chin up. I'll keep all mine up for you.

tonyk38 Sep 28th 2004 4:54 am

Hello Bundy,

I really feel for you. My Mum has primary progressive MS and gets gradually worse everyday....

To try and put things into perspective, I think of the many less fortunate individuals I've met on my travels in Africa and elsewhere. They've had misfortune more or less from birth. I find that it gives me a more sober view of the world.

You sent me karma several days ago and I returned the complement the other day. Just wish it would let me send you more. You deserve it! :)

If it's any consolation, I am at least two years away from even beginning the application process. So in some ways I envy you as you will probably get to Aus before me! The road is a long one, but the goal makes the journey worthwhile.

All the very best,
Tony. :)

Pollyana Sep 28th 2004 9:29 am

Big hugs for you and your mum, Bundy; lets hope the back is unrelated to anything else.
Keep thinking fluffy thoughts, and remember - you will get that visa and you will get to Oz with Mr Bundy. :)

debsy Sep 28th 2004 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by bundy
Well the very best of luck to your mum, and good wishes to you all. Cyber hugs straight back

Thanks Bundy.
Hope that you are feeling a tiny bit better today.

Al H Sep 28th 2004 7:27 pm

Hi Bundy

Sorry to hear about your Mum and things not going so well at the moment. I hope everything works out on that front.

As for another winter in the UK - try and use it as an opportunity to do the thigs that you have never got round to doing. We are aiming to go out to Oz late next year and are trying to think of all the things that we would like to do in the UK so we can actually do them. The time will go really quickly even if it does get bloody cold in Cambridge in the winter. I should know- I cycle in to work everyday.

Anyway, keep posting as that cheers all us up so we need a happy Bundy :D

Alastair

artep Sep 28th 2004 9:41 pm

Hiya Bundy...

Sorry to hear you're down in the dumps... :( Fingers crossed for your Mum and her back...hope she gets better really soon.

I know exactly how you feel about being in the UK for another winter....we weren't supposed to be here either...:( .....bloody pile of bricks 'n' mortar :mad: It has seriously put me off ever buying a house again if this is what trying to get rid of the bloody thing is like!!

Like others have said....maybe you ought to book you and Mr Bundy a little winter hol....or even just a filthy weekend.... :D That'd put a smile on ya face!!!!!

Sent you some 'cheer up' karma.....hope it helps....keep ya chin up gal!!

Petra

Go Banana's !! Sep 28th 2004 10:12 pm

Dear Bundy

Sorry I missed this post, in my own little bubble as usual.

Just great big cyber hugs for the toughest cookie I know and the girl who sold our house - or a least the elephant on the windowsill trick did.

You deserve to let go once in a while, it's healthy, go with it, do comfort things and as ever you will come out the other side just that little bit stronger.

All our love
Jill

Stewie Sep 28th 2004 10:44 pm

Hi Bundy

Really sorry to hear all about your "glumness".

Life wasn't meant to be easy was it?

I know it's really difficult to think that things will all work out.....but they will.

Take comfort from the fact that you have friends on this forum, that you have never met, but we're thinking about you.

My best wishes

DIMO8 Sep 28th 2004 11:28 pm

Hi Bundy
Not been on in ages as working so i've missed the thread.......hope you feeling a little brighter soon :o
Tried to send karma but i have to spread it first...so i will try later. If you need a proper chat PM any time.
Lots of cyber hugs coming your way and an extra one for BundyMum

Donna x

Ps.....a little thought of the day

If everyone put their troubles on a tree......they would grab their own and run

bundy Sep 29th 2004 1:30 am

Thanks once again for all your kind thoughts and words. All the support helps more than any of you know.

What people have said about there always being others worse off is completely true and that's why I get annoyed at myself for getting down at times - keep trying to tell myself that things could be much, much worse. Which they could. After all, we all thought my mum would die back in March, so things are definitely better than they were!

BundyMum is a fighter as we know and I guess I am too, so we'll pick ourselves up from this latest episode of glumness and get on with life as usual.

On the good news front, my dad is making rapid improvements from his breakdown (my family sound like a right load of fruit loops!) and has got himself the job he always wanted. Yay for BundyDad!

So, I'm scrapin my chin back up of the floor (almost literally after 'that' bike incident ;) and getting on with things. Roll on March, eh.

[PS - Jill, my elephant fell over and I've only just noticed, so I've put him back in the window with his penny!]

Teresa Sep 29th 2004 1:35 am

Hi Bundy

sorry to hear you're feeling down, how about you and Mr Bundy jumping on plane to Oz for few weeks to cheer yourselves up....you could always make it to the pole dancing class on Saturday for hen night but if not, we will save one of the poles for you and you can do the class back there in Uk :D

Hope things seem brighter soon

Teresa x

SunshineGirl Sep 29th 2004 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Just great big cyber hugs for the toughest cookie I know and the girl who sold our house - or a least the elephant on the windowsill trick did.

I was intrigued by the elephant trick so did a search on it.

I have about two dozen elephants in the house. If I put a couple in each window with a 5p piece under each one, will that work?

Or is that being too greedy?

YFitz Sep 29th 2004 1:55 am

Sorry that you're on a downer. It's a naff song but it's true that "Life is a rollercoaster." I suppose that at some point in our lives we are all going to hit high points and low points- probably when we least expect it-but that's what make us more resilliant in the long run. You've had your fair share of bad stuff recently but I reckon you'll appreciate the good stuff even more when it does come right for you again.
And fat? well, I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah, huge, massive, god how can you get out the door......;)
Take care
Yvonne x

SunshineGirl Sep 29th 2004 1:55 am

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
I was intrigued by the elephant trick so did a search on it.

I have about two dozen elephants in the house. If I put a couple in each window with a 5p piece under each one, will that work?

Or is that being too greedy?

BTW - they are only ornaments ... :rolleyes:

debbiemc Sep 29th 2004 2:18 am

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
BTW - they are only ornaments ... :rolleyes:

hi bundy,
hope you're feeling better today, your mum too

debbie x