British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Bundy is Glum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bundy-glum-257114/)

bundy Sep 28th 2004 2:25 pm

Bundy is Glum

I know, I'm whinging again, but I'm having a glum moment and I need the power of this dear forum to give me a kick up the bum.

So, let's see. Been talking to BundyMum who, despite rapid bounds in knocking her cancer on the head is now in severe pain from a dodgy back (we hope non-cancer related) and is back in bed on morphine. She's had an allergic reaction to some antibiotics and can't eat - she's shed another 2 stone :eek: I can't get over to Jersey any time soon to check up on the parents either, so I'm a little worried.

The whole BundyMum thing has caught up with me a little in the last few months and I've not been quite my sparkling self. In fact, I've been a bit down in the dumps.

Can't do anything with my visa because Mr B and I want to wait until after our 5th 'anniversary' in October in the hopes of getting PR straight off (I'm applying for a spouse visa). So we need to wait until about March before applying. Meanwhile the rest of the world seems to be getting their visas and heading out, so I'm feeling a bit left behind. Even Mr B is beginning to get a bit homesick which is very unlike him.

I wasn't supposed to be in the UK for another winter and it's getting me down. I'm gritting my teeth and sitting out my job for a few more months but the whole situation is getting to me.

Oh, and my thyroid's up the spout again so I'm fat and lethargic. Yay.

Words of wisdom and encouragement gratefully accepted cos this Bundy is a little bit glum :(

Bix da Boss Sep 28th 2004 2:36 pm

Re: Bundy is Glum

Bundy, sorry to read you are feeling a bit 'glum'.

Can relate to some of what you say. Just under 2 years ago my Mum had a triple heart by-pass which was totally unexpected - very worrying and draining for all. Before that my Dad had been ill for about 5 years before he passed away due to a devasting condition - so really know how you must be feeling. Putting your life on hold is very hard indeed for whatever reason.

We are sending you some cyber hugs to help you get thru the rest of the day :)

bundy Sep 28th 2004 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Bundy, sorry to read you are feeling a bit 'glum'.

Can relate to some of what you say. Just under 2 years ago my Mum had a triple heart by-pass which was totally unexpected - very worrying and draining for all. Before that my Dad had been ill for about 5 years before he passed away due to a devasting condition - so really know how you must be feeling. Putting your life on hold is very hard indeed for whatever reason.

We are sending you some cyber hugs to help you get thru the rest of the day :)

Thanks Da Boss.

Sometimes it's ok and I just sort of cruise along on auto-pilot. Other times it sort of comes crashing down about my ears.

I'm not too worried about the fact that we had to put things on hold - I was glad to help my parents out in their time of need. It's just the thought of getting that visa application together again........and another winter here.....an more months of this job.......and then wondering if it's really a good idea to go to Oz with my mum being sick.....

swissfabs Sep 28th 2004 2:40 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bundy
I know, I'm whinging again, but I'm having a glum moment and I need the power of this dear forum to give me a kick up the bum.

So, let's see. Been talking to BundyMum who, despite rapid bounds in knocking her cancer on the head is now in severe pain from a dodgy back (we hope non-cancer related) and is back in bed on morphine. She's had an allergic reaction to some antibiotics and can't eat - she's shed another 2 stone :eek: I can't get over to Jersey any time soon to check up on the parents either, so I'm a little worried.

The whole BundyMum thing has caught up with me a little in the last few months and I've not been quite my sparkling self. In fact, I've been a bit down in the dumps.

Can't do anything with my visa because Mr B and I want to wait until after our 5th 'anniversary' in October in the hopes of getting PR straight off (I'm applying for a spouse visa). So we need to wait until about March before applying. Meanwhile the rest of the world seems to be getting their visas and heading out, so I'm feeling a bit left behind. Even Mr B is beginning to get a bit homesick which is very unlike him.

I wasn't supposed to be in the UK for another winter and it's getting me down. I'm gritting my teeth and sitting out my job for a few more months but the whole situation is getting to me.

Words of wisdom and encouragement gratefully accepted cos this Bundy is a little bit glum :(

Dear Bundy,

I dont know what to say to cheer you up, really. Oh maybe one thing: you are not fat! Jeeesus i have looked @ your pictures and you are nowhere near fat!

I really hope that you will be able to be near your mum soon and that her back is not cancer related. I cant do much but i send you all my hopes and thoughts.

And for your PR, i know its long, especially another winter here. I have added a little picture to cheer you up! Take advantage of being in Europe for another little while and do a bit of skiing!

All the best, cheer up babes!

debbiemc Sep 28th 2004 2:41 pm

So, let's see. Been talking to BundyMum who, despite rapid bounds in knocking her <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=cancer&v=55">cancer</a> on the head is now in severe pain from a dodgy back (we hope non-cancer related) and is back in bed on morphine. She's had an allergic reaction to some antibiotics and can't eat - she's shed another 2 stone :eek: I can't get over to Jersey any <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=55">time</a> soon to check up on the parents either, so I'm a little worried.

Can't do anything with my <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=visa&v=55">visa</a> because Mr B and I want to wait until after our 5th 'anniversary' in October in the hopes of getting PR straight off (I'm applying for a spouse visa). So we need to wait until about March before applying. Meanwhile the rest of the world seems to be getting their visas and heading out, so I'm feeling a bit left behind. Even Mr B is beginning to get a bit homesick which is very unlike him.

I wasn't supposed to be in the UK for another winter and it's getting me down. I'm gritting my teeth and sitting out my <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=job&v=55">job</a> for a few more months but the whole situation is getting to me.

hello bundy,

we haven't spoken to each other before but i've read lots of things you've posted and especially about your mum. i'm sorry to hear she's not well again and do hope its nothing too bad.

i haven't been in the forum for long but some of your posts make me LOL and i'm sure some of your mates will do all they can to cheer you up as soon as they get home from work. if i knew how to do, it i'd send you lots of karma!! keep your chin and keep smiling.

take care
debbie x

bundy Sep 28th 2004 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Dear Bundy,

I dont know what to say to cheer you up, really. Oh maybe one thing: you are not fat! Jeeesus i have looked @ your pictures and you are nowhere near fat!

I really hope that you will be able to be near your mum soon and that her back is not cancer related. I cant do much but i send you all my hopes and thoughts.

And for your PR, i know its long, especially another winter here. I have added a little picture to cheer you up! Take advantage of being in Europe for another little while and do a bit of skiing!

All the best, cheer up babes!

Thanks Fabie!

Skiing, now there's an idea....except knowing my luck, I'd break something and fail my DIMIA medical :rolleyes:

It's all these unknowns that get me down. Not that I'm one of life's planners, but it's nice to have some vague direction to head in.

debsy Sep 28th 2004 2:44 pm

Dear Bundy
So sorry to hear that you are down. My mum is having an operation on the day that we fly so that is really worrying me.

Sending you my very best wishes with a massive cyber hug.

bundy Sep 28th 2004 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by debbiemc
hello bundy,

we haven't spoken to each other before but i've read lots of things you've posted and especially about your mum. i'm sorry to hear she's not well again and do hope its nothing too bad.

i haven't been in the forum for long but some of your posts make me LOL and i'm sure some of your mates will do all they can to cheer you up as soon as they get home from work. if i knew how to do, it i'd send you lots of karma!! keep your chin and keep smiling.

take care
debbie x

Thanks Debbie,

Yep, it's been a bit of a saga but the most important thing to me is that my mum gets back on her feet. And not being able to get to her easily is a bit of a pain (they live in Jersey) - god knows how I'll manage it when I'm in Oz.

This lot here normally pick me back up when I get down, so here's hoping for a little more good cheer (if I haven't exhausted my quota already :o )

[PS - karma is easy, just click on the little blue box saying 'karma' in the left hand side of my post]

Springo Sep 28th 2004 2:45 pm

Oh Bundy

So sorry to hear your mum is not too good at the moment. Sending Karma your way for her.

I think I said to you a couple of months ago, you can't keep being strong there are bound to be days where you feel very down. But i am sure it will pass.

Are the doctors sorting your thyroid, have they upped your med, I can't remember was it over or under. I remember the years when mine was all over the place, its bloody hard isn't it. Don't worry too much about the weight, when the docs get the medication right it should slide back down again.

Just think if you are applying in March 05 for your visa, this will be your last winter here, try and be positive about it and think how pretty UK can look in the winter (maybe) (Clutching at straws there to try and cheer you up)

Take Care

Julia

bundy Sep 28th 2004 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by debsy
Dear Bundy
So sorry to hear that you are down. My mum is having an operation on the day that we fly so that is really worrying me.

Sending you my very best wishes with a massive cyber hug.

Well the very best of luck to your mum, and good wishes to you all. Cyber hugs straight back

bundy Sep 28th 2004 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Springo
Oh Bundy

So sorry to hear your mum is not too good at the moment. Sending Karma your way for her.

I think I said to you a couple of months ago, you can't keep being strong there are bound to be days where you feel very down. But i am sure it will pass.

Are the doctors sorting your thyroid, have they upped your med, I can't remember was it over or under. I remember the years when mine was all over the place, its bloody hard isn't it. Don't worry too much about the weight, when the docs get the medication right it should slide back down again.

Just think if you are applying in March 05 for your visa, this will be your last winter here, try and be positive about it and think how pretty UK can look in the winter (maybe) (Clutching at straws there to try and cheer you up)

Take Care

Julia

Thanks Julia....I do remember your words from before, but it's good to be reminded.

Trouble is, I spent all last year saying 'this is my last winter here, hurrah' and then look what happened.

The thyroid thing is a pain because I'm borderline on the low side at the moment. I'm on quite a high dose already and they don't really want to put me up again, or so my doc says. So I'm stuck with it unless it gets worse. My hands and feet are forzen blocks, my hair is falling out and I'm in bed by 9.30pm. Fantastic.

swissfabs Sep 28th 2004 2:50 pm

Thanks Fabie!

Skiing, now there's an idea....except knowing my luck, I'd break something and fail my DIMIA medical :rolleyes:

It's all these unknowns that get me down. Not that I'm one of life's planners, but it's nice to have some vague direction to head in.

I know what you are feeling in terms of vague directions... that I know.
What i do is i imagine i am sitting on a really high extremely soft white cloud in the middle of the sky on a sunny day. Then i look at my life from different angles (u can see 360 degrees from my cloud!!!) and i have a better idea of whats trivial (e.g another few months waiting for the visa) and whats important (getting it after all). Getting some distance really helps.

I hope it will help you a tiny bit too!

ps: u dont need to ski, apres-ski drinking is great as well! However, u might break ur ankle on the dance floor! :rolleyes: i would prefer breaking it skiing with a great view over the mountains...

bundy Sep 28th 2004 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by swissfabs
I know what you are feeling in terms of vague directions... that I know.
What i do is i imagine i am sitting on a really high extremely soft white cloud in the middle of the sky on a sunny day. Then i look at my life from different angles (u can see 360 degrees from my cloud!!!) and i have a better idea of whats trivial (e.g another few months waiting for the visa) and whats important (getting it after all). Getting some distance really helps.

I hope it will help you a tiny bit too!

ps: u dont need to ski, apres-ski drinking is great as well! However, u might break ur ankle on the dance floor! :rolleyes: i would prefer breaking it skiing with a great view over the mountains...

That's a great way of looking at things Fabie - I'll give that a try (although maybe not on the drive home).

swissfabs Sep 28th 2004 2:53 pm

That's a great way of looking at things Fabie - I'll give that a try (although maybe not on the drive home).

It works well while having a nice foamy bath with candlelight! :D

Hugs hugs hugs.

debbiemc Sep 28th 2004 2:53 pm

Well the very best of luck to your mum, and good wishes to you all. Cyber hugs straight back

have sent you and your mum some karma....I think!!
debbie x