Bundy is Glum

Old Sep 29th 2004, 5:05 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bundy is Glum

Hiya Bundy,
Sorry to hear that you are feeling down. Amazing that it's the first time really after what you and your family have been through this year. Maybe you could pick up a cheapy holiday in the sun around November, it works a treat in getting rid of the winter blues. If not and I know this might sound weird, have a few sunbed sessions, they give out the wrong Uv's to combat SAD but still it's lovely having your bod toasted when it's miserable outside. Hope you feel a little more chipper soon, cyber hugs and some karma coming your way.
Take care
Sarah
Old Oct 4th 2004, 3:33 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.....

Might need a bit more of the old expats magic. My mum isn't doing so well at the moment so I'm off to Jersey on Saturday to find out exactly what's going on and start sorting my parents out. Just when I thought life was getting a little more settled.....
Old Oct 4th 2004, 3:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy

Might need a bit more of the old expats magic. My mum isn't doing so well at the moment so I'm off to Jersey on Saturday to find out exactly what's going on and start sorting my parents out. Just when I thought life was getting a little more settled.....
Sending as much as I can Bundy

Hope things work out.

Best wishes

G
Old Oct 4th 2004, 3:39 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Sending as much as I can Bundy

Hope things work out.

Best wishes

G

Thanks G.

I'm getting a little sick of Jersey
Old Oct 4th 2004, 4:08 pm
Go Banana's !!

Go get 'em Bundy. Hope the trip goes well and you get things sorted.

Thinking of you.

Warren

Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:48 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Sending loads of Karma to you Bundy and your mum

Take Care

Good Luck

Julia
Old Oct 4th 2004, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

dazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Springo
Sending loads of Karma to you Bundy and your mum

Take Care

Good Luck

Julia
Hi Bundy,
Daz here,i have not been on this site for a long while now,because Reb has been reading all the negative comments on this site,i think it has put her off going to Oz,so i have given this site a miss for a while.
I am sorry about your mother i did tell you when we met that although I dont know your mother to send her my regards. And yes another winter is upon us and the thought of spending another winter here, ughhh but somehow for you it may be your last,i really wish i could say the same for me, i think i will be spending many more years here and certainly not by choice.
I know these dont sound very comforting words but i really do mean them to be.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 9:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck Bundy - big hugs for you and Bundymum, and hope she takes a turn for the better.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 10:48 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmm........I can't say a lot Bundy........but you usually know what's on my mind so will know I'm thinking of you and yours. Good luck.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 7:21 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by dazandreb
Hi Bundy,
Daz here,i have not been on this site for a long while now,because Reb has been reading all the negative comments on this site,i think it has put her off going to Oz,so i have given this site a miss for a while.
I am sorry about your mother i did tell you when we met that although I dont know your mother to send her my regards. And yes another winter is upon us and the thought of spending another winter here, ughhh but somehow for you it may be your last,i really wish i could say the same for me, i think i will be spending many more years here and certainly not by choice.
I know these dont sound very comforting words but i really do mean them to be.

Thanks Daz - just knowing people care enough to post a comment is enough, believe me.

Sorry to hear that Reb's not feeling so happy about the prospect of Oz....maybe she'll change her mind after another winter here. You'll get there if it's the right thing for you.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 7:40 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a glum moment
& here we were - thinking it was because you met us :scared: .

Have a good trip to Jersey, we're back in Cambridge on Wed if you want some form of dodgy cheering up .
Old Oct 5th 2004, 7:49 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya bundy,
only just read this thread...im sorry to hear your mum isnt so good, i hope she makes a swift recovery.
As i said before, and to echo Jills words, you really do need to look after yourself. You NEED to take some sick time or compassionate leave from work and get yourself well....even if its only an extra day before you hot foot it down to jersey. By the sounds of things, you are going to need your strength for this trip to see your mum, and if all your relatives know you are coming down, they may take a bit of a backward step to allow you to sort things out (its one of the downsides of being number one daughter!!) - this means more pressure on you, and if you are under the weather yourself you will end up burning yourself out. Beleive me, burnout is one hell of a crap time!!! From what i know of you (i know we havent met!!) through our chats, you are one very strong and confident young woman, but you need to keep yourself well. Dont think you cant do something for yourself - if it was me i would feel guilty for having some 'me' time, cos you are the kind of person who drops everything to rush to be by your mums side - but in the long term, a bit of 'me' time now will relax and prepare you for the coming days and you will feel better for it. A massage and sauna works for me - its only a couple of hours out of the day, but it allows me to really switch off and really think things through - kinda gets things into perspective so I can function effectively.
But you know whats best for you....just promise us you will take it easy!???
sending you lots of cyberhugs to you and your mum......

sue xx
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:00 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
& here we were - thinking it was because you met us :scared: .

Have a good trip to Jersey, we're back in Cambridge on Wed if you want some form of dodgy cheering up .

LOL! Thanks Mrs DB. Am a little busy Wednesday, sadly, cos of suddenly taking a week off but may still be up for some form of dodgy cheering up!

Hope you had a good time in Italy....
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:04 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hiya bundy,
only just read this thread...im sorry to hear your mum isnt so good, i hope she makes a swift recovery.
As i said before, and to echo Jills words, you really do need to look after yourself. You NEED to take some sick time or compassionate leave from work and get yourself well....even if its only an extra day before you hot foot it down to jersey. By the sounds of things, you are going to need your strength for this trip to see your mum, and if all your relatives know you are coming down, they may take a bit of a backward step to allow you to sort things out (its one of the downsides of being number one daughter!!) - this means more pressure on you, and if you are under the weather yourself you will end up burning yourself out. Beleive me, burnout is one hell of a crap time!!! From what i know of you (i know we havent met!!) through our chats, you are one very strong and confident young woman, but you need to keep yourself well. Dont think you cant do something for yourself - if it was me i would feel guilty for having some 'me' time, cos you are the kind of person who drops everything to rush to be by your mums side - but in the long term, a bit of 'me' time now will relax and prepare you for the coming days and you will feel better for it. A massage and sauna works for me - its only a couple of hours out of the day, but it allows me to really switch off and really think things through - kinda gets things into perspective so I can function effectively.
But you know whats best for you....just promise us you will take it easy!???
sending you lots of cyberhugs to you and your mum......

sue xx

Thanks Sue.

It's all true. I know I need a bit of time for myself, I'm just not so good at arranging it. I used up all my compassionate leave earlier this year and don't want to push my luck on that one in case I need some more later. I've got quite a lot of leave, but I end up having to save that in case I need to dash to Jersey (as I am now ). Sick leave is out unless I'm at death's door - my boss doesn't believe in it. That said, I like the idea of a massage or sauna.....can fit either of those in!

Even flying to Jersey at this time of year is a nightmare because of the rain/wind/fog. I'm bound to get stuck at one end or the other.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:05 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! Thanks Mrs DB. Am a little busy Wednesday, sadly, cos of suddenly taking a week off but may still be up for some form of dodgy cheering up!

Hope you had a good time in Italy....
We dont get back til late Wed afternoon anyway, but if another day suits before you leave give us a yell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.