Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bundaberg Rum Filth or Great

View Poll Results: Do you like Bundaberg Rum?
Yes it is the drink of the Gods
57.14%
No Leave it to the Derros
42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Bundaberg Rum Filth or Great

Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:51 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Bundaberg Rum Filth or Great

In honour of the new member Bundy I am putting up a poll about whether you like Bundaberg rum. Personally I find it as tasty as petrol however my cousin loves the stuff.

What do you think?
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:55 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bundaberg Rum Filth or Great

Originally posted by bondipom
In honour of the new member Bundy I am putting up a poll about whether you like Bundaberg rum. Personally I find it as tasty as petrol however my cousin loves the stuff.

What do you think?
Surprisingly I didn't get to try any when we were in Oz earlier this year. BUT considering that I have become accustomed to 12 year old Mount Gay direct from the Barbados distillery, it has a lot of living up to do!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:55 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

whenever i can get it .

usually get people coming over from/back from oz to get me a bottle.
then of course the choice has to be made do u get the op or up version -decisions decisions

any ideas where in UK you can get it -even from web etc
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:01 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly it is the stuff of the gods...bundy and coke, dark'n'stormies, mud rums, bundy in coffee, bundy straight........

Use it to cure a sore throat, ward off a chill, cure a cold (honest) - it's medicinal properties are stated right there on the bottle.

If you live out in the sticks, as I did for a year, there's really no choice. It's beer or bundy, and I don't drink beer.

At least you can get bundy over here...Threshers sell it by the (expensive) bottle, and Bundy and coke is on tap in some pubs, in Cambridge at least. We've also managed to find an independent off-licence who import Bundy Black and sell it to my aussie other half at cost price...can't beat that!

Go the Bundy Bear!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

HBgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant bear it but Mr HB loves the stuff.

Only ever seen it in one place here and thats the Threshers in Kensington.

Why there i dont know

HB
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:43 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HBgirl
Cant bear it but Mr HB loves the stuff.

Only ever seen it in one place here and thats the Threshers in Kensington.

Why there i dont know

HB
Seems like Threshers are about the only people that stock it nationwide...
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:47 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt really know how to vote on this one.

At first I hated the stuff.
But now I really like it.

The girlfriend isnt to happy though as her supply is dwindling twice as fast now.
She even bought back a bottle of Bundy OP which I am looking forward to opening!!!

TT
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:49 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Didnt really know how to vote on this one.

At first I hated the stuff.
But now I really like it.

The girlfriend isnt to happy though as her supply is dwindling twice as fast now.
She even bought back a bottle of Bundy OP which I am looking forward to opening!!!

TT
OP is way too hardcore for me...Bundy Black is good though. Very mellow. But then you feel guilty about swigging copious quantitied drowned with coke, so we usually just stick the plain ol bog-standard bundy.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:52 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bundy
OP is way too hardcore for me...Bundy Black is good though. Very mellow. But then you feel guilty about swigging copious quantitied drowned with coke, so we usually just stick the plain ol bog-standard bundy.
On a tour of the Mount Gay distillery in Barbados I made the mistake of telling the tour guide that I had been drinking the 12 year old Mount Gay Rum mixed with coke in a local bar the night before. I can't describe the look she gave me.

Best damn rum and coke ever, though!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Miss TrickyTree is an unknown quantity at this point

Bundy is definitely the drink of the gods. Growing up only 2 hours from Bundaberg I pretty much grew up on the stuff. Even remember going to the distillery at a very early age. My mum and whole family love the stuff, just can't bring enough into Oz duty free when I travel to keep the whole family happy.

Now that Mr TrickyTree seems to have changed his mind and acquired quite a taste for it the two bottles I bought back last month are quickly dwindling. Luckily the Walkabouts and other Aussie pubs over here stock it.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 9:56 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Miss TrickyTree
Bundy is definitely the drink of the gods. Growing up only 2 hours from Bundaberg I pretty much grew up on the stuff. Even remember going to the distillery at a very early age. My mum and whole family love the stuff, just can't bring enough into Oz duty free when I travel to keep the whole family happy.

Now that Mr TrickyTree seems to have changed his mind and acquired quite a taste for it the two bottles I bought back last month are quickly dwindling. Luckily the Walkabouts and other Aussie pubs over here stock it.
Hello Miss TT!

You were brought up well. I was weaned on gin, there being no Bundy rum in the UK, but I have since adopted Bundy as the drink of choice.

Threshers, people, Threshers! You don't have to rely on getting it in pubs!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Miss TrickyTree is an unknown quantity at this point

I've tried other stuff, but always come back to the good old Bundy....about the only spirit that I've never had a serious hangover from, even after drinking an entire bottle in one night.

Will have to check out Threshers when our duty free supplies are gone. Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:09 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

might be time to buy shares in Threshers
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:11 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Miss TrickyTree
I've tried other stuff, but always come back to the good old Bundy....about the only spirit that I've never had a serious hangover from, even after drinking an entire bottle in one night.

Will have to check out Threshers when our duty free supplies are gone. Thanks

That's true - you don't normally get a hangover from Bundy. Just gut-rot from all that coke!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 10:13 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bundy
That's true - you don't normally get a hangover from Bundy. Just gut-rot from all that coke!
Give me straight single malt scotch whisly anyday. Minimal hangovers. I normally suffer morning after but I have been hangover free after drinking a bottle of the stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.