Bunbury, bound

Old Jul 16th 2011, 11:11 am
Just Joined

australia11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bunbury, bound

Hi folk,

how visa was granted this week, so we will be heading to bunbury late september. family of 4, so was just wondering if any off you. can shed some light on bunbury good/bad. the way off live places of intrest etc. we are looking at rentals in dallyup. any advice would be great. buy the way yipeeeeeeeeee..

Andy..
Old Jul 16th 2011, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bunbury, bound

Hi Andy welcome to B E!

Congrats on your visa! Such exciting times.

Have you visited Bunbury at all? ie: you know the distance between Capital City Perth and Bunbury? Bunbury has very mixed areas - do a search via the search button up above and you'll find quite a few comments http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1285587

One of the best things I like about Bunbury is it's nearness to the south West of Western Australia. So many amazing places to visit and explore in that region. Especially Margaret River, Albany, Denmark, Pemberton the list goes on have a squiz here http://www.westernaustralia.com/au/D...outh_West.aspx

All the best for your move and keep all us nosy folk updated!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy - congratualtions on the visa and good luck with the move!
I live 14kms from Bunbury but work there. There is a very large contingent of Expats living in Dalyellup - do you have Facebook? If so and you want introductions pm me
Old Jul 16th 2011, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OneSmallVoice
Hi Andy welcome to B E!

Congrats on your visa! Such exciting times.

Have you visited Bunbury at all? ie: you know the distance between Capital City Perth and Bunbury? Bunbury has very mixed areas - do a search via the search button up above and you'll find quite a few comments http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1285587

One of the best things I like about Bunbury is it's nearness to the south West of Western Australia. So many amazing places to visit and explore in that region. Especially Margaret River, Albany, Denmark, Pemberton the list goes on have a squiz here http://www.westernaustralia.com/au/D...outh_West.aspx

All the best for your move and keep all us nosy folk updated!
Hi
thanks for the info and the links, as for visiting bunbury no we havent, but we have visited perth we have friends living in canning vale. looking at being in bunbury october time. soooo excited.
thanks again.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by daunted
Hi Andy - congratualtions on the visa and good luck with the move!
I live 14kms from Bunbury but work there. There is a very large contingent of Expats living in Dalyellup - do you have Facebook? If so and you want introductions pm me
Hi daunted,
how long have you lived/worked in bunbury, we have never visited bunbury but have visited perth, we have friends living in canning vale.
soo excited caint wait. i will pm you.
Andy..
Old Jul 16th 2011, 3:28 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

Dallyellup is awful. Come and live in fabulous Australind where the discerning expat's live - either Daunted's area or our's - indeed you could buy our house!

The access to the SW is brilliant and town (some call it Perth) is easily accessible.

What brings you to this area? Have you employment lined up?
Old Jul 16th 2011, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed Evan - this is where the better class of expat live - maybe we should keep it quiet - don't want any riff raff living here!
Andy what makes you chose Dalyellup?
We have been here almost 4 years and love it. My kids went/are at the local High School and doing very well (daughter graduated last year and son is in year 11). If your kids are sporty then the local leisure centre has a wide range of sports available right through the week and also a lovely pool, spa.
Not sure what info you are after but ask away.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by daunted
Indeed Evan - this is where the better class of expat live - maybe we should keep it quiet - don't want any riff raff living here!
Andy what makes you chose Dalyellup?
We have been here almost 4 years and love it. My kids went/are at the local High School and doing very well (daughter graduated last year and son is in year 11). If your kids are sporty then the local leisure centre has a wide range of sports available right through the week and also a lovely pool, spa.
Not sure what info you are after but ask away.
Hi daunted,
we also have looked at australind, theres no reason for choosing dalyellup. also looked at eaton. think we will just get a short term rental for a few weeks, whilst we look around.we have to kids age 11 and 15. so good schools is a must. Did you move from the uk.
cheers Andy.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Hiya,

Dallyellup is awful. Come and live in fabulous Australind where the discerning expat's live - either Daunted's area or our's - indeed you could buy our house!

The access to the SW is brilliant and town (some call it Perth) is easily accessible.

What brings you to this area? Have you employment lined up?
Hi, evann
No reason for choosing dalyellup, but we have looked at australind. Yes i have work lined up in bunbury. I think rental for the first couple of years. were you thinking of moving too.
Cheers Andy..
Old Jul 17th 2011, 2:00 am
Canary who flew the nest

NCFC is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by australia11
Hi folk,

how visa was granted this week, so we will be heading to bunbury late september. family of 4, so was just wondering if any off you. can shed some light on bunbury good/bad. the way off live places of intrest etc. we are looking at rentals in dallyup. any advice would be great. buy the way yipeeeeeeeeee..

Andy..
Hi Andy,

Me and the wife came over here a few years ago & rented in Binningup for a year which was nice but a little too far away from Bunbury if thats where you are gonna work. We then rented in Bunbury itself a 30 second walk from the beach which was great & we have now bought in South Bunbury.

I am a Postie & from what i have experienced, i would give Dalyellup a wide berth.

Australind is nice, Leschenault is also nice with decent size properties. The new areas of Eaton & Australind seem to me to be much like a rabbit warren with lots of houses crammed in!

If you need to know about particular roads, let me know & i can give you my opinion of them. But, it is just an opinion and i'm sure some people will disagree with me.

What type of work are you in ??

Good luck

John.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Love how so many towns/suburbs end with the words "up" in WA.... think it is Aboriginal for 'near water' or 'place of' or something like that....
Old Jul 17th 2011, 10:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Love how so many towns/suburbs end with the words "up" in WA.... think it is Aboriginal for 'near water' or 'place of' or something like that....
As it is in WA, it probably means near toilet, or 'dunny'.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 10:58 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
In Vic they all mean "meeting place at the bend in the river" - or, dunny, as you say.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

at least it's not "in"
Old Jul 17th 2011, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

at least it's not "in"
Perth does have the suburb Innaloo, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.