bunbury.???

Old Apr 9th 2011, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

australia11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bunbury.???

Hi, just after some information about Bunbury as we will be moving there later on this year. We are a family of 4 with 2 children a girl thats 15 and a boy thats 11. Any information on good schools and nice areas for renting. Is it a good place to live with lots of things to do? What areas are the hospitals situated in? What about tha cost of living in bunbury is it any cheaper than Perth?
King regards
Helen
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

holly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really nice
Default Re: bunbury.???

Hi, can't give you any advice on your question, but noticed that you are from nottingham heading to WA, and so are we. The second person in a week I've met on here doing the same from notts. Good luck! Hope it goes well for you. We are going out in sept to do some research on areas SOR. Hopefully this time next year we will be moving out for good. Exciting!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

foxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nice

We live just outside Bunbury and really enjoy it. Good beaches, decent restaurants etc. It lacks the cultural diversity of a big city but houses are much cheaper than Perth. It has a cinema and decent sporting facilities.

For schools: Bunbury Grammar is a private school and gets the best results. Saying that most of my friends' kids go to Bunbury Senior High and they are happy with it. Newton Moore school has a good rep for its Environmental Science programs.

The new highway makes it less than 2hrs to Perth.

Hope you enjoy it!
Cheers,
Gemma
Old Apr 10th 2011, 9:02 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We're also just outside Bunbury. Don't want to buy a house do you?

Bunbury itself, like everywhere has good and bad, East Bunbury is older and lively, Carey Park is not nicknamed "Scary Park" for nothing.

Out of Bunbury I like Old Eaton, Australind and Leschenault, all to the north of the main town. To the south you have new housing estates like Dallyellup where I know there are quite a few expats. Not my cup of tea as I like the older Burbs.

House prices are massively cheaper than Perth. Your dollar goes so much further. Cost of living is probably about the same (food etc).

Good beaches, ok restaurants (Foxall, which do you think are "decent" in case I've missed them). Everything you need for an easy day to day life.
If you want designer clothes, smart furniture etc you will need to go to Perth, but thats true of everywhere except Perth.

Some say its Bogan and only a place you stop off to on the way to Margs (Margeret River) but like everywhere you have to get to know the place.

We're moving, only due to work, and admit we're struggling to find as nicer equivelant in Perth without spending $$$$

Take your time, do your research, get out and about and you'll be fine.

PS A seldom mentioned gem on the up and up behind Bunbury is Ferguson Valley, some nice little pubs and great views.

Good luck
Old Apr 10th 2011, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't agree more. East Bunbury is a really nice area, close to the Leschenault Inlet and walk to town. The local school, Cooinda Primary, is top class. South Bunbury and the Tree Street areas are also good, with excellent primary schools (South Bunbury and Bunbury Central).
Bunbury Cathedral Grammar is OK but my preferrence would be the Grace Christian School on the other side of town. I have had children at both so this is my experience. Bunbury High over Newton Moore I think, but both have their specialities.
The Ferguson Valley is a lovely area and not too far from Bunbury. Dardanup and Boyanup are lovely quiet townships and very much 'up-and-coming'. They have monthly markets and are close to Donnybrook, where you can source fabulous organic fruit and veg - something that will cost you a fortune in Perth! With two teenage children however, you may find yourself spending a lot of time in the car, running them backwards and forwards to Bunbury for various sporting and social activities. Renting in Bunbury for the first 6 months would be the best idea. Avoid Carey Park and Withers areas.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

HI!! We are Australind ,14 km north of Bunbury ! Evan pretty much hit the nail on the head - wouldn't be any where else Good luck with the move
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

australia11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daunted
HI!! We are Australind ,14 km north of Bunbury ! Evan pretty much hit the nail on the head - wouldn't be any where else Good luck with the move
Hi,been looking at Australind rentals. Have you got any children. we got a 15 year old and 11. so close tp some good schools would be nice.how long have you been there..
cheers
Helen.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by australia11
Hi,been looking at Australind rentals. Have you got any children. we got a 15 year old and 11. so close tp some good schools would be nice.how long have you been there..
cheers
Helen.
hi Helen - we have been here just over 3 years and love it. I have a 15 year old currently in year 11 at Australind Senior high school (my daughter finished year 12 last year) I have been very happy with the way the kids have settle and achieved to date.
I have to get some bills paid and then head off to bed for early start tomorrow but give me a virtual kick up the arse tomorrow and I will answer any questions etc you have.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

foxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nice

Originally Posted by australia11
cheers
Helen.
We live in Leschenault, which are the bushy type blocks 5-10m from Australind. There are 3 public primary schools in Australind: Parkfield, Australind and Kingston. There is 1 public high school, Australind Senior High School. There are 2 private primaries, one of which is catholic.

I'm a teacher (and work at one of the primaries) so I'm probably a bit biased, but I'm familiar with the staff in the public schools and there are excellent teachers in all of them.

There is talk of building a tavern in Australind (yay) and there are already some facilities, like a supermarket, chemist, bakery, butchers, cafe, beauty, newsagent & post office etc. Basically most things except for appliances and clothes, so we like it. Treendale is another Australind suburb that has got the go ahead for a shopping centre to be built there.

Restaurants in Bunbury we like are Casellas, Barbados, Nicolas, The White Elephant, Cosenzas and a couple of others. They tend to be quite pricey except the Asian restaurants.

Good luck!