Bullying, and also houses NZ

Bullying, and also houses NZ

Old Aug 8th 2003, 4:03 pm
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sarah2004
And where I used to keep my pony!

Out of interest gOD when did you leave NZ and have you visited many times in the last 5 years or so? Ten years ago I probably would have agreed with a lot of your opinons on NZ and couldn't wait to leave and do my OE, the first 4 years in London I never thought I would want to go back but I truly believe Auckland has come a long way in being an international city in the last 5 years.
Left in 98, and went back for a few days about three years ago (never got over the jet-lag!). I am sure NZ has improved, and don't want to seem like I always run it down, because I had some good times there. I have had a lot of NZ friends over here and can fully understand why some of them (well one!) went back. My parents are still there (for now)! That is why (believe it or not) I wouldn't want to convince someone not to go. Hey, I didn't like it, but many people do.

At the end of the day, it depends on what you want. I love being able to travel so easily, (because of location and money) and the career satisfaction. To me, that more than makes up for the "yob culture" (which wasn't quite so bad when I left NZ, but certainly existed!). However, if I had spent all my life here in the UK, money and travel would probably not be something that means so much and I would be more attracted by the weather etc....

Old Aug 8th 2003, 4:04 pm
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sarah2004
And where I used to keep my pony!

Out of interest gOD when did you leave NZ and have you visited many times in the last 5 years or so? Ten years ago I probably would have agreed with a lot of your opinons on NZ and couldn't wait to leave and do my OE, the first 4 years in London I never thought I would want to go back but I truly believe Auckland has come a long way in being an international city in the last 5 years.
Christ, we might even know each other!!!