Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bulk billing doctors

bulk billing doctors

Old May 7th 2011, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice
Default bulk billing doctors

hi all

does any one know of any bulk billing doctors in westend 4101 area ? is there some site i can checkout ? i am landing in june.. is bulk billing only for kids and older ppl ?

thanks
mala
Old May 7th 2011, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bulk billing doctors

Why do you need a bulk billing doctor? Australia has a co-payment system where you are expected to pay about half of a consultation with Medicare picking up the other half. Bulk billing was originally designed for those who could not afford to pay the co-payment although bulk billing rates in some parts of the country have gone through the roof.

The usual spin off for bulk billing is that you are less likely to get continuity of care as most BB docs are in medical centres rather than smaller practices and often you take who is next in line. A co payment is usually only around $30 so I just dont get the burning need for a doc who bulk bills.
Old May 7th 2011, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future
Smile Re: bulk billing doctors

Originally Posted by quoll
Why do you need a bulk billing doctor? Australia has a co-payment system where you are expected to pay about half of a consultation with Medicare picking up the other half. Bulk billing was originally designed for those who could not afford to pay the co-payment although bulk billing rates in some parts of the country have gone through the roof.

The usual spin off for bulk billing is that you are less likely to get continuity of care as most BB docs are in medical centres rather than smaller practices and often you take who is next in line. A co payment is usually only around $30 so I just dont get the burning need for a doc who bulk bills.
The comment about small doctors not bulk billing is wrong, my GP in Aspley has only 1 partner and he bulk bills and its good to have continuing care with him. I do not see him often but never have a problem seeing him or bulk billing. I doubt if I would change doctors as chasing around to get money back is a pain
Old May 7th 2011, 2:19 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mala
hi all

does any one know of any bulk billing doctors in westend 4101 area ? is there some site i can checkout ? i am landing in june.. is bulk billing only for kids and older ppl ?

thanks
mala
Mala - when you arrive, phone up your nearest GP and ask whether or not they will bulk-bill you. If not, simply ask for the address of the nearest bulk billing doctor.

Quoll - it seems pretty obvious that Mala is simply being careful with her $$$. There's nothing wrong with that.
Old May 8th 2011, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a bulk billing practice at the Home Centre on Logan Road in Mt Gravatt, not too far from West End if you can't find one closer. They are mainly muslim doctors but they're thorough and very nice.
Old May 8th 2011, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
There is a bulk billing practice at the Home Centre on Logan Road in Mt Gravatt, not too far from West End if you can't find one closer. They are mainly muslim doctors but they're thorough and very nice.
I was going to say 60 to 70pct of the Doctors around here bulk bill. Those that do are mostly foreign trained though. My main doctor is Egyptian, been here for over 30 years and is well used to Australian colloquialisms.

If I had a medical issue that I was concerned and unsure about, I would definitely head to the paying doctors. That hasn't happened for over 8 years though. My Wife goes to a Sri Lankan Female Doctor that bulk bills and apparently is really good..... IE: My Wife and Daughters dont need the paying doctor.

Another factor is, there isnt much of a queue at these doctors either. We've got a very good supply.
Old May 20th 2011, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice
Default bulk billing doctors

i could not come up with any bulk billing doctors for westend (4101), brisbane area.via google. i am moving there in just 20 days or so.. does anyone know of any bulk billing doctors in westend? pls do let me know..
thanks in advance
Old May 20th 2011, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I was going to say 60 to 70pct of the Doctors around here bulk bill. Those that do are mostly foreign trained though. My main doctor is Egyptian, been here for over 30 years and is well used to Australian colloquialisms.

If I had a medical issue that I was concerned and unsure about, I would definitely head to the paying doctors. That hasn't happened for over 8 years though. My Wife goes to a Sri Lankan Female Doctor that bulk bills and apparently is really good..... IE: My Wife and Daughters dont need the paying doctor.

Another factor is, there isnt much of a queue at these doctors either. We've got a very good supply.
sri lankan female doctor ? in brisbane or melb?

darn i asked this question again! oh dear!
Old May 20th 2011, 6:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its OK, I've merged the threads for you
Old May 20th 2011, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm didnt realise that you were Sri Lankan until now. Give these people a ring... it's got a few Sri Lankan Doctors and see if they can recommend a bulk billing Sri Lankan practice in Brisbane.

http://healthengine.com.au/service/27416

Or

http://www.doctoralia.com.au/healthp...athan-11574336
Old May 20th 2011, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks polly ans ozzie
Old May 20th 2011, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Just across the river from west end and is full bulk billing:
http://mobile.yellow.com.au/external...onlineRedirect

These people in the city centre (near west end) bulk bill (conditions apply):
http://www.cbdmedical.com.au/3.html

As Kim said this place is not that far from west end and fully bulk bills:
http://www.goodpricepharmacy.com.au/...mtgravatt.html

East Brisbane medical centre may bulk bill - phone beforehand - near west end:

This clinic is full bulk billing as well:

Last edited by fish.01; May 20th 2011 at 11:52 am.
Old May 26th 2011, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fish.01
Just across the river from west end and is full bulk billing:

These people in the city centre (near west end) bulk bill (conditions apply):
http://www.cbdmedical.com.au/3.html

As Kim said this place is not that far from west end and fully bulk bills:
http://www.goodpricepharmacy.com.au/...mtgravatt.html

East Brisbane medical centre may bulk bill - phone beforehand - near west end:

This clinic is full bulk billing as well:
oh gosh wow... thank you so much fish.. always sooooooooooo helpful. god bless ya

p.s
found a unit in front of westend state primary.. i am soooooooooooo happy cant wait to get to brissy

Last edited by mala; May 26th 2011 at 10:52 am.
Old May 26th 2011, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

oh gosh wow... thank you so much fish.. always sooooooooooo helpful. god bless ya

p.s
found a unit in front of westend state primary.. i am soooooooooooo happy cant wait to get to brissy
No worries, glad to help....as you've probably worked out you will be right next door to the west end markets in Davies park...they are great....have picnic breakfast, kick a ball around, buy gifts, do your fruit and veg shopping and then sit under the fig trees and listen to the free bands.

Not sure if you are into football but an indoor league runs at night times in the school hall.
Old May 26th 2011, 12:14 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

p.s
Enjoy Brisbane, I think you've picked a good spot there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.