Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which builders in WA?

Wikiposts

Which builders in WA?

Old May 24th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Which builders in WA?

Hi all.

Just wondering if those that have experience with building have any advice about which builders to use both good and bad experiences etc.

We are thinking of building in Singleton, WA but not sure about it all. Are the margins she worth buying new. We've got 2 young children so not sure about it at the moment.

Thanks J
Old May 24th 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which builders in WA?

Personally if we did it again we'd pick a "proper" builder to do it all for us rather than the builders with the show homes.

Builders like Dale Alcock, Content etc. may appear good value, and ours wasnt too bad an experience other than some plumbing issues which have finally been sorted, but it's the maintenance and getting hold of someone to sort out minor issues that turns into a headache.
Old May 24th 2007, 3:46 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi all.

Just wondering if those that have experience with building have any advice about which builders to use both good and bad experiences etc.

We are thinking of building in Singleton, WA but not sure about it all. Are the margins she worth buying new. We've got 2 young children so not sure about it at the moment.

Thanks J
We're building with Perceptions in Secret Harbour.

Everyone I've spoken to who's built has had their fair share of problems; I think it's irrelevant who your builder is!

They lie, they manipulate, theire client liaison are just buffers between you and the people who do the work - you're not allowed to talk to anyone who can make a difference......

Rant over. If you do decide to build, just be prepared for stress squared, that's all.

Good luck anyhow!

Jules x
Old May 24th 2007, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future

hi

let me tell you a little about Perceptions.............. they are shit

i would never build with the or any company associated with them (BCG Group)

Our house took 2 yrs when only told 1 ............... still got a couple of jobs to be complete and i have been in for over 6mths

They havent a clue what they are doing stay away.

Tambo
Old May 24th 2007, 11:44 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tambo
hi

let me tell you a little about Perceptions.............. they are shit

i would never build with the or any company associated with them (BCG Group)

Our house took 2 yrs when only told 1 ............... still got a couple of jobs to be complete and i have been in for over 6mths

They havent a clue what they are doing stay away.

Tambo
I believe you. Trouble is, everyone you speak to has a bad experience to report with their builder.

We're on the pan now (so to speak), so we just have to wait. At least we are now in our own home while waiting, so some of the pressure's off.

We're having a battle with them at the moment where they are saying we don't get a bilkhead in the kitchen when there is coding for one on the electrical plans. We are NOT backing down on this one and will seek legal advise if we have to.

These things are sent to try us, eh?

Jules x