Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

budgetdirect car insurance-any good ??

budgetdirect car insurance-any good ??

Old May 9th 2009, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about
Default budgetdirect car insurance-any good ??

as the title says your opinions please ,came up as cheapest quote and excess via ratecity just wondering what service is like ??cheers swagman
Old May 9th 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: budgetdirect car insurance-any good ??

No

pm me and I will explain more
Old May 10th 2009, 12:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
as the title says your opinions please ,came up as cheapest quote and excess via ratecity just wondering what service is like ??cheers swagman
I use them and have found them to be the cheapest. I've just made a 2nd claim and have had no problems at all.

I can recommend them.
Old May 10th 2009, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I use them and have found them to be the cheapest. I've just made a 2nd claim and have had no problems at all.

I can recommend them.

How long did it take to get the car repaired?
Old May 10th 2009, 4:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond
How long did it take to get the car repaired?
They were pretty much on the ball whilst I was somewhat slack in getting info to them, so took a while (my fault). The car took 3-4 weeks to repair from them first having it. My Golf was pretty f**ked (see previous posts) and needed a lot of work - In fact I was hoping to get it written off. A lot of parts had to come from Europe and that took a while.I was not too worried about any delay as I have access to other cars. The panelbeater has done a fantastic job.

I can recommend them.
Old May 13th 2009, 8:12 am
Just Joined

benny02 is an unknown quantity at this point

we are with budgetdirect and it was the cheapest for us anyway and i spent ages researching.
Old May 13th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by benny02
we are with budgetdirect and it was the cheapest for us anyway and i spent ages researching.

Just remember, like a lot of things in life you get what you pay for!!
Old May 13th 2009, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Ive had no problems with them and would recommend
Old May 13th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

I have been with them 3 years and had one claim, no problems and as the posts before say have found them to be the cheapest, I believe them to be the same company as Budget in the UK.
Old May 13th 2009, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Budget Direct are very good if you're a rating 1 driver, One of the cheapest around and cover you for Hail and Storm (some insurers like Bingle don't) if you are honest and tell them everything when setting a policy up, you won't come across many problems come claim time. A new and growing company, only downside is underwriting guidelines a bit strict at the moment, but as i say if you are a rating 1 driver you can't go wrong, and you will need to prove rating.