Wikiposts

Budget?

Old May 22nd 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Budget?

Hi, I was wandering what other people had budgeted to for there big move.
Im 24 Today!!!! and my girlfriend is 20 with a little one only a couple of months away. :scared: we have our own one bedroom flat in Reading, which we will have about £10,000 left of it after selling it and we have about £3,000 in savings. I am an electrician.
Has anyone else made the move with this sort of money, or am I being a little silly even concidering it.
We went out there for a reccie last year and have had itchy feet ever since we have got back.
Old May 22nd 2005, 9:23 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Budget?

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
Hi, I was wandering what other people had budgeted to for there big move.
Im 24 Today!!!! and my girlfriend is 20 with a little one only a couple of months away. :scared: we have our own one bedroom flat in Reading, which we will have about £10,000 left of it after selling it and we have about £3,000 in savings. I am an electrician.
Has anyone else made the move with this sort of money, or am I being a little silly even concidering it.
We went out there for a reccie last year and have had itchy feet ever since we have got back.
Thats about $30,000 shit loads to get you started, but if you dont ahve a job to go into woint last long. Be aware that you will have to do some work/courses to get your sparkys ticket here in oz.

What about family with a young one coming up?
Old May 22nd 2005, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah thats what scares me because I wont be able to get work straight away Because I will need to get my aus qualifications which I hear take a while. And it is not just me and the girlfiend to think about any more

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Thats about $30,000 shit loads to get you started, but if you dont ahve a job to go into woint last long. Be aware that you will have to do some work/courses to get your sparkys ticket here in oz.

What about family with a young one coming up?
Old May 22nd 2005, 9:46 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, if you want it will work. We took such a little amount with us and hubby just got any old job to begin with and looked around until he found something he wanted. It is a worry when you have kids, we have 3, but you can work round it.

When are you planning to go, how old will bubba be.

Louise
Old May 22nd 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are hoping to be there next year but not even started the visa process, we are hoping to start it in august when little one is born.
just hoping to get enough money up together and trying to work out weather to use an agent or not. Im thinking we should not have to many problems as electrician are currently on the MODL list.
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:52 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
We are hoping to be there next year but not even started the visa process, we are hoping to start it in august when little one is born.
just hoping to get enough money up together and trying to work out weather to use an agent or not. Im thinking we should not have to many problems as electrician are currently on the MODL list.
hi there ...wish you all the best to start with ....if you are prepared to do any job to start with don't worry about the money mate ......... you will be in oz and thats what count's ....so a little hardship has never killed anyone and i hope your relationship is strong enough to tough it out....which i am assuming it is as you have got this far (stressfull times over)
all the best and look on the brightside always a job somewhere till you get your sparky licence
steve
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you very much I expect hard times, and no money, used to it at the moment trying to save up, paying the mortgage in our recently moved in to flat.
I feel a little better.
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:55 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone else made the move with this sort of money, or am I being a little silly even considering it.
there was a thread on here last week, about somebody who moved with £5000, her hubbie got a job at the last minute, they only has $1.84 left in bank!!! :scared:

i think if you want to do it, do it, otherwise there will always be a reason not to go. i realise that you have to think of family and providing, but i think there are always jobs for those who want them (so I've been reliably informed!)

good luck and go for it!

Michelle
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Just read that post. Thank you. Still very scary :scared:
So maybe not such a silly Budget to go with. I would just hate to think of it being years away, It is all me and my girlfriend talk about since we got back