Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia - a hairy-arsed place?

Australia - a hairy-arsed place?

Old May 21st 2005, 7:43 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia - a hairy-arsed place?

A post I read by a poster here made me think: do a lot of you now what a hairy-arsed place Australia really is?

I mean, we're talking Chavchester of the first order, a place full with tradies and other coarse folk , forget your wee chat about the latest thing on the extra virgin olive oil scene, and you'd better not mention ballet dancing for the sprogs or how the extra couple of quid on a bottle of wine is worth it in quality.

Perth is the most hairy-arsed place to live but the other centres are not far behind.
Old May 21st 2005, 7:49 pm
oneday someday

jas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Australia - a hairy-arsed place?

Originally Posted by Don
A post I read by a poster here made me think: do a lot of you now what a hairy-arsed place Australia really is?

I mean, we're talking Chavchester of the first order, a place full with tradies and other coarse folk , forget your wee chat about the latest thing on the extra virgin olive oil scene, and you'd better not mention ballet dancing for the sprogs or how the extra couple of quid on a bottle of wine is worth it in quality.

Perth is the most hairy-arsed place to live but the other centres are not far behind.
All there is in Wales are sheep, everyone eats haggis for breakfast in Scotland and dont start me on the French :scared:
Old May 21st 2005, 7:52 pm
Sydney bound!

JF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Don

Manna from heaven for a waxing beautician then?? (not that either of us are that way inclined!)
Old May 21st 2005, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Don

Is it any different from Lakeside shopping centre, fat bald men in football shirts, swearing and belting the kids and the missus!!

Give me hoodies any day!!!
Old May 21st 2005, 8:07 pm
Don
Banned

No, but if (say) you are from Chesham, Bucks or somewhere equivalent in the Home Counties would you want to move to deepest Chavingham or darkest Chavchester just because it's bit hotter?
Old May 21st 2005, 8:14 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don
No, but if (say) you are from Chesham, Bucks or somewhere equivalent in the Home Counties would you want to move to deepest Chavingham or darkest Chavchester just because it's bit hotter?
Fair Point but how many of us live in places that are like "Chavchester" ?

quite a few probably, being a tradie myself. As quite a few others are.

I am going to move there cos it is hotter, but not just for that reason, Chavs are bearable unlike sunday's at lakeside with the mrs and kidds cos the weather is pants.
Old May 21st 2005, 11:58 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don
Some one move your ROCK don ?? ..................... mm
Old May 22nd 2005, 1:42 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Don

What's up Don ?

Old May 22nd 2005, 3:38 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Don

In Sydney there is no problem finding that sort of conversation if you want it.
Old May 22nd 2005, 4:26 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
In Sydney there is no problem finding that sort of conversation if you want it.
No problem in Perth either.

There's ballet, theatre, bellydancing, pole dancing etc etc
I guess you didn't see the Perth culture thread Don....
And how long did you live here again?

I'm becoming a member of the Royal Perth Yacht Club soon.(for my work, they're having a function there, and somebody has to be a member! And membership is cheaper for under 26. )
I'm sure there'll be lots of 'posh' people there, if you're into that kinda thing.

Where I work, before christmas they were winetasting after work a couple of days, to choose the wine that was going out to the clients. It was management only of course, the lowly receptionist wasn't invited.

Perth has 1.something million people. It has all sorts of people. Duh!
Old May 22nd 2005, 4:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don

Don, can I respectfully ask how long you lived in Australia while forming your balanced view of the country??
Old May 22nd 2005, 4:44 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Don

As opposed to shiny bums?
Old May 22nd 2005, 5:21 am
Don
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Don, can I respectfully ask how long you lived in Australia while forming your balanced view of the country??
4 months and in truth I met more Deliverance-type upcountry hicks than chavs, but, after all, I was mostly in Queensland.
Old May 22nd 2005, 5:35 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Don
4 months and in truth I met more Deliverance-type upcountry hicks than chavs, but, after all, I was mostly in Queensland.
And what part of QLD and when ?

Old May 22nd 2005, 5:52 am
wombat42

l've heard OZ described as the Arse end of the world but not as a hairy-arsed place, well l
quess if we are we can always shave .

Last edited by wombat42; May 22nd 2005 at 5:55 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.