Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bronte, Sydney, dilemma!

Bronte, Sydney, dilemma!

Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of
Default Bronte, Sydney, dilemma!

We may well have all our plans turned totally upside down. Our intention was to go to Central Coast, but Mr Flutter has received very keen interest from an employer based in Bronte, Sydney, which would be an excellent career move up the ladder.
Dilemma is altough his salary will go up very nicely thankyou i am out of workforce for a year. Theres no way we can afford to rent a nice house in that area as its extortionately expensive, and we cant rent an apartment unless we get rid of the dog who is my best mate!
Anyone know of a half decent area within commute distance that would offer a small house with little garden for my dog?
Anxiety is kicking in and i'm losing sleep!

Don't you just hate it when things change at rapid pace?
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice
Default Re: Bronte, Sydney, dilemma!

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
We may well have all our plans turned totally upside down. Our intention was to go to Central Coast, but Mr Flutter has received very keen interest from an employer based in Bronte, Sydney, which would be an excellent career move up the ladder.
Dilemma is altough his salary will go up very nicely thankyou i am out of workforce for a year. Theres no way we can afford to rent a nice house in that area as its extortionately expensive, and we cant rent an apartment unless we get rid of the dog who is my best mate!
Anyone know of a half decent area within commute distance that would offer a small house with little garden for my dog?

hello
try http://www.realestate.com.au
lots of rentals, if you type in Bronte for the suburb and remember to check 'surrounding suburbs' you will get what is available there. Bondi is lovely and although expensive is less than Bronte.
You will probably not get much of a back yard for the dog in the surrounding areas and will probably have to pay additional bond.
To be honest however none of the suburbs around Bronte are bad, so you should not have a problem.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
hello
try http://www.realestate.com.au
lots of rentals, if you type in Bronte for the suburb and remember to check 'surrounding suburbs' you will get what is available there. Bondi is lovely and although expensive is less than Bronte.
You will probably not get much of a back yard for the dog in the surrounding areas and will probably have to pay additional bond.
To be honest however none of the suburbs around Bronte are bad, so you should not have a problem.

Thanks for replying.
I have been looking at that website. Not much going that would be suitable for us at the moment. I have a sad feeling my best mate will have to be homed, which would break my heart, but i cant let my husbands career move be thwarted because of a dog.
I did look at Bondi. Have visited there a couple of times.
I'm just getting in a flap as we had no intention of living in Sydney itself. How 24hrs can change your life!!
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:40 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replying.
I have been looking at that website. Not much going that would be suitable for us at the moment. I have a sad feeling my best mate will have to be homed, which would break my heart, but i cant let my husbands career move be thwarted because of a dog.
I'm just getting in a flap as we had no intention of living in Sydney itself. How 24hrs can change your life!!
Bondi has plenty of unit rentals. If you want a house I would look further south to Randwick/Maroubra. Bronte is probably my favourite Sydney suburb.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks BP. I didnt look a those suburbs, i'll take a look later.
I did like the area when we visited on holiday a couple of years ago, athough we didnt go to Bronte.
As we are in our 40's i feel Bondi might be a bit too "young" for us. Dont get me wrong, i like to party, love the big city lifestyle, but noticed a lot of surfie kids around Bondi and i worry i might not get my beauty sleep some nights due to the noise etc. and i cant party 7 nights a week anymore
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:52 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks BP. I didnt look a those suburbs, i'll take a look later.
I did like the area when we visited on holiday a couple of years ago, athough we didnt go to Bronte.
As we are in our 40's i feel Bondi might be a bit too "young" for us. Dont get me wrong, i like to party, love the big city lifestyle, but noticed a lot of surfie kids around Bondi and i worry i might not get my beauty sleep some nights due to the noise etc. and i cant party 7 nights a week anymore
Pick the wrong unit in the wrong street and it can be hell in summer. We've been lucky so far but summer always brings in a muppet or 2. Coogee is another burb to be careful of noisy yoof. Other suburbs include Clovelly, Queens Park, LIttle Bay and down in Matraville you have to watch out for mad jocks that hang on this site. The prison at long bay is probably best avoided. The only bummer with Bronte is the only bus goes via Bondi Junction.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bondipom
Pick the wrong unit in the wrong street and it can be hell in summer. We've been lucky so far but summer always brings in a muppet or 2. Coogee is another burb to be careful of noisy yoof. Other suburbs include Clovelly, Queens Park, LIttle Bay and down in Matraville you have to watch out for mad jocks that hang on this site. The prison at long bay is probably best avoided. The only bummer with Bronte is the only bus goes via Bondi Junction.

I think we might be best just a little way out of it. As long as its within 15mins or so.
I just saw a reasonable rental in Maroubra for $450pw 3 bed house.
How far would you say that i to drive to Bronte/ Bondi?

I know theres a mad jock who lives down that way, i heard hes been run out of town (or about to be)
Old Aug 19th 2005, 10:47 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

I think we might be best just a little way out of it. As long as its within 15mins or so.
I just saw a reasonable rental in Maroubra for $450pw 3 bed house.
How far would you say that i to drive to Bronte/ Bondi?

I know theres a mad jock who lives down that way, i heard hes been run out of town (or about to be)
ha ha ha
20 mins max to bronte i like maroubra and malabar. as for the prison, we live on the doorstep and not a peep from it. the streets are dead at night i think down this end is your best bet. u have a much better choice of houses round here. try sending richs a PM. he knows this area like the back of his hand he has given me some great tips over the last 2 years.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soapy
ha ha ha
20 mins max to bronte i like maroubra and malabar. as for the prison, we live on the doorstep and not a peep from it. the streets are dead at night i think down this end is your best bet. u have a much better choice of houses round here. try sending richs a PM. he knows this area like the back of his hand he has given me some great tips over the last 2 years.

Yippeee!! 20mins that'll do me!

Thanks.

I'm starting to get quite excited!!
Old Aug 19th 2005, 11:58 am
BLC

WOW, excellent news.

B

Old Aug 19th 2005, 11:59 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

and so u should be. this is a great area to live. i was at bronte a few weeks ago and it took me 15 mins, but that was on a sunday. i drive to the far end of ranwick every day and it takes me 8-9 mins to get to work
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:20 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Thanks.

http://www.justlisted.com.au/members...outhSydney.htm
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thankyou soapy

sit up straight ya spillin' ya beer
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:44 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Thankyou soapy

sit up straight ya spillin' ya beer
right doon ma neck
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:48 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Thanks for replying.
Bronte is a lovely area, is there just you two and the dog or do you have kids?

What's hubby's profession? having lived on Cent coast and know Bronte, i'd personally go eastern suburbs any day.... I appreciate you age comments but all areas have their quieter sections, bronte is certainly quieter in my opinion.... but as ever just my thoughts....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.