Broken Hill

Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:59 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Broken Hill

As this trip might not be as long as I'd planned, I wanted to see at least a bit of the outback and was recommended visiting Broken Hill. Bearing in mind the journey time and lack of trains (2 a week I think) is it worth doing and does anyone have any recommendations?
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broken Hill

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
As this trip might not be as long as I'd planned, I wanted to see at least a bit of the outback and was recommended visiting Broken Hill. Bearing in mind the journey time and lack of trains (2 a week I think) is it worth doing and does anyone have any recommendations?
Look here:
http://www.railmaps.com.au/stationde...tionSelect=663

Broken Hill is more SA than NSW ,easy links to Adelaide , buses every day to Dubbo,so your not limited to the train schedule. Try to see Silverton if you get that far :http://www.silverton.org.au/
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:45 am
Banned

mickbali123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey mate thanks for sharing this useful links.
Its really helpful and useful.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickbali123
Hey mate thanks for sharing this useful links.
Its really helpful and useful.
No worries

Another way to see the outback is via The Kidman Way
http://www.openroad.com.au/travel_gr..._kidmanway.asp

if driving go to any NRMA (usually a Service Centre or Garage ) and grab a handful of maps -their free from what I remember
Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:34 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Thanks mate, some great info.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Max&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to all

see it if you are heading through or near on a journey, but I wouldn't bother just for the sake of it. Motels are dearer there than they deserve to be. The outback is beyond, but you'll need transport to appreciate it.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:56 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

If you get the chance to venture into the real outback do so. I used to think, "oh its just more gum trees" but the sheer size of it, the amazing people that live there and, if you get to drive for hours on end, you start to see quite amazing scenery and diversity far different from just gum trees.

I'll be venturing to Broken Hill later this year as part of my I've been everywhere project (www.ivebeeneverywhere.com.au) so let us know how you find it.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:22 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I've mad the trip to Broken Hill - Though if you want to see real outback, I would recommend going a bit further south and going to Lake Mungo. Will discuss further over beers tomorrow evening...

S