Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Broadband, but narrow-minded! Why is it so difficult to get decent broadband??

Broadband, but narrow-minded! Why is it so difficult to get decent broadband??

Old Sep 15th 2007, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

canifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond reputecanifixit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband, but narrow-minded! Why is it so difficult to get decent broadband??

[QUOTE=SylvieKid;5255815]
First off Optus. As there was already cable installed I thought it would be easy to go with them and it would cut down on connection fees, etc... :

I too made the mistake of going through the easy route. The previous owner had a Telstra line so I thought that if we stuck with them and got the promised 12 months unlimited downloads for $29.96 this would be o.k.
I now know that the unlimited is only for the first 12GB at 200kbs/s and then it is shaped to 64kbs/s.
On top of this I have been promised delivery of the modem 4 times in the last 3 weeks,with no phone calls or apology other than you are "non priority".
Yesterday was our definite delivery date and guess what, no modem.
You soon learn that lots of companies tell you what you want to hear and don't deliver.
Cannot wait to get off of dial up onto any broadband.