Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Broadband again aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Broadband again aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:24 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband again aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Stop it your scaring me lol

I'm just about to embark on setting up a wireless network for the firsttime tomorrow, actually it will be my first go with a Adsl modem and anything to do with broadband.

Errrm, maybe I should have waited for the weekend, and got a slab in !!!
Dont ya know every oz household should have a slab in da fridge for any and all occasions ? Weekend ? Withdrawl must be awful all week
Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:36 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

5.35 and no sign of them yet.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:12 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've just phoned them.

I got told I'd have to be put through to the provisioning dept so twenty minutes I'm on the phone, hearing you are first in line and nothing, then the guy comes back on and says "oh sorry I frgot they shut at five"

Well as you can imagine I'm not happy and I tell him so that I've waited in all day for a modem that hasn't arrived and now I've been transfered and put on hold to a department that's shut, he tells me the modem should have been sent out yesterday and I keep telling him no it wasn't it was supposed to be sent today, oh well he says phone back tomorrow they'll be open at nine, at this point I scream in frustration.

I've had enough dealing with all these companys and their rude staff and their total lack of customer service is making me want to go home, verytime I try to do something they act as if they are doing you a favour, backward arsed wankers
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:21 am

I wonder how long it'll take them to bill me for a service I'm not receiving.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:26 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fraser
Has anyone seen the new Sony Bravia 2 1/2 minute advert with the coloured bouncing balls in San Francisco? You can watch it online, you really need broadband though (wait for it Fraser!! Where do you think you're going!)

You need Quicktime version 7 also.

http://www.bravia-advert.com/index.html

Cheers

Rich
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Has anyone seen the new Sony Bravia 2 1/2 minute advert with the coloured bouncing balls in San Francisco? You can watch it online, you really need broadband though (wait for it Fraser!! Where do you think you're going!)

You need Quicktime version 7 also.

http://www.bravia-advert.com/index.html

Cheers

Rich
Speechless
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:35 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still being billed by OzEmail for service they haven't provided for about 6 weeks. Actually, they want to bill me but I've cancelled the direct debit at the bank. Cost me $15 but it's better than paying those thieving b*****ds.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:36 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Speechless
I nodded off before the end and when I woke it had finished. Did I miss anything?
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'm still being billed by OzEmail for service they haven't provided for about 6 weeks. Actually, they want to bill me but I've cancelled the direct debit at the bank. Cost me $15 but it's better than paying those thieving b*****ds.
I know mate, it wouldn't be so bad if it was just the BB, but every time I pick up the phone I'm filled with dread, thet speak to you like you're three.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore

I've just signed up with them, or IInet as they are called, They billed me as soon as the linked up adsl to my house, howeever my modem and wirless card hadnt arrived. I phoned them, they agreed to put off the billing until I received my modem. I received the modem yesterday, and with my very tech savvy mate will be hoping to establish contact today.

Worst culprits I've come across in this telephony feild have been Iprimus, and their taking over exchanges without notifying customers of this fact, It now costs 209 bucks to disconnect from a Iprimus line, whilst the powers that be, sort out who is responsible in this grey area.

Plus ever tried to phone an Iprimus help desk ? At least you can get through to IInet.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:19 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Just been reading this thread. You poor b*st*rd. Don't you dare think of giving up and coming home though. You have only just got there. If things get really desperate why not try another part of the country. I'm sure you will find a wall to bang your head against in Perth
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:41 am

I've spoke to them today, they say they found out late yesterday that there was a problem with the courier company.

We spoke to the courier company who said that as rubbish as it was never meant to be delivered until today and anyhow they deliver 8-1 so no way should they have told me at 2pm to wait in.

Oh and it's nearly one now and still no delivery
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:52 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I've spoke to them today, they say they found out late yesterday that there was a problem with the courier company.

We spoke to the courier company who said that as rubbish as it was never meant to be delivered until today and anyhow they deliver 8-1 so no way should they have told me at 2pm to wait in.

Oh and it's nearly one now and still no delivery
your not havin much luck r ya mate

Is it here yet
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by biggy
your not havin much luck r ya mate

Is it here yet
Nope, I'd be amazed if it turns up on time, we're supposed to be at an appointment at the tile shop on the other side of Melbourne at 2.30
Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:13 am

It's now 15 minutes late, we spoke to the courier who apologises and says they're never running this late

The tile company will hold on for a little while if not we're going to miss our tender on Monday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.