Wikiposts

broadband

Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:12 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: broadband

Originally Posted by wmoore
Actually yes that's what Nu-Shooz will have read. Technically it's an unlimited plan but in reality it plain-old-big-fat-isn't.
I found a small cheat recently. Bigpond systems must be a bit slow to work out you have gone over the 25Gb and strangle your pipe. So in the run up to the end of the month I get as close as I can to the 25Gb. Then when I get in from work on the last day I download everything I can and get up to 30Gb or so before it ticks over to the next month.

Being brought up with tight-arsed parents something like that really please me
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:17 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I found a small cheat recently. Bigpond systems must be a bit slow to work out you have gone over the 25Gb and strangle your pipe. So in the run up to the end of the month I get as close as I can to the 25Gb. Then when I get in from work on the last day I download everything I can and get up to 30Gb or so before it ticks over to the next month.

Good work I stumbled across that one a while ago too - I think you get more than the one day sometimes too I went over my limit once with about 4 days left and it kept going
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:21 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Good work I stumbled across that one a while ago too - I think you get more than the one day sometimes too I went over my limit once with about 4 days left and it kept going
Do I dare try it? If it doesn't work I will have to suffer dial up for 24 hours

I might even have to get off my arse and go and do some exercise if that happens
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:24 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Do I dare try it? If it doesn't work I will have to suffer dial up for 24 hours

I might even have to get off my arse and go and do some exercise if that happens
Bugger that. Don't risk it mate
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:35 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Internode famously give you several gig on the other side of your capacity.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:38 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

You are an accountant, it is in your blood to be tight!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:42 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by northernbird
Yeah but I have been with Sam for nearly 15 years and a lot of that ability to spend like Ivana Trump has rubbed off on me.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:46 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by northernbird
I hardly ever saw my dad lose his temper. But I remember once being in That London and the ticket inspector wouldn't believe that me and my brother were under 14 (we were) so made us pay full fare (Something like 80p rather than 40p). I have never seen him so angry. I thought he was going to deck the guy.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but I have been with Sam for nearly 15 years and a lot of that ability to spend like Ivana Trump has rubbed off on me.
I don't like shopping but I think K is going to more than make up for it.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hutch
According to their website, the best package they do is $150 a month for 60Gb of downloads. Once you go over the 60Gb you get shaped to 64k/b. Now admittedly, at most standard broadband speeds you'll have trouble downloading 60Gb a month - but it sure ain't unlimited.
I telephoned Telstra to comfirm exactly what i had..they said i had Unlimited downloads..Liberty package..$69 a month. It would just go slower if i started to download over 12G, which i don't.

So still a good deal i reckon.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I telephoned Telstra to comfirm exactly what i had..they said i had Unlimited downloads..Liberty package..$69 a month. It would just go slower if i started to download over 12G, which i don't.

So still a good deal i reckon.
I'd only consider it 'unlimited' if there is no point at which your speed gets throttled. $69 for 12Gb isn't great - I used to pay iinet $49 for 20Gb in conjunction with landline.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 1:01 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by bcworld
I'd only consider it 'unlimited' if there is no point at which your speed gets throttled. $69 for 12Gb isn't great - I used to pay iinet $49 for 20Gb in conjunction with landline.
Exactly I pay that and I get 60GB with iinet. Rip off bigpond.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by bcworld
It works for me, since i don't go over the 12G...i use my telephone service with them too, because of this my phone bills are alot cheaper, so it evens out.
No-one gives anything away for free
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting reading. I'm researching so I can ditch Bigpond. Looks like it's Internode for me
I ditched Bigpoo and their upload included with data allocation! .... :curse: ... and went for Internode after Hutch's recommendation.

Can't fault at all and will recommend easy! ...
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Altho stroll on Monday, I've got stuff cued up!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.