Wikiposts

broadband

Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice
Default broadband

Hi, my broadband 2 year entrapment is finally up and just wondered has anyone got any good deals as they all seem much of a much, cheers Paul.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:28 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: broadband

Originally Posted by rangersman2
Hi, my broadband 2 year entrapment is finally up and just wondered has anyone got any good deals as they all seem much of a much, cheers Paul.
Hi mate!! Not over here yet?

Internode, TPG and iiNet - don't sign up with one of the telcos.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hutch

Hutch, what is your reason for not using telcos
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:22 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hutch, what is your reason for not using telcos
If you do a search, you'll probably find multilpe tales of woe regarding Telstra and Optus. We used Optusnet for a while and it was diabolical.....the connection would drop out for hours at a time and all the while tech support would plead ignorance / blame the line. Got iinet and never looked back.....its cheaper, faster, more reliable and with local support & customer service reps.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul,

Its worth checking out www.whirlpool.net.au for a broad spread of views on the different broadband offerings and a plan comparison tool.

Things to be wary of are whether the provider counts uploads and downloads, and whether you're throttled when you hit your allowance or charged excess usage.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
If you do a search, you'll probably find multilpe tales of woe regarding Telstra and Optus. We used Optusnet for a while and it was diabolical.....the connection would drop out for hours at a time and all the while tech support would plead ignorance / blame the line. Got iinet and never looked back.....its cheaper, faster, more reliable and with local support & customer service reps.
I was with Optusnet for a few months and they were truly dreadful. You can read my tales of woe on my blog. I'm now with Internode (and have been for eighteen months) and am full of praise for them.

This survey should give you all the information that you need to make an informed decision: http://whirlpool.net.au/survey/2007/ .

Hope this helps;

--paj
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:12 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnsyweb
This survey should give you all the information that you need to make an informed decision: http://whirlpool.net.au/survey/2007/ .
Interesting reading. I'm researching so I can ditch Bigpond. Looks like it's Internode for me
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Go Talk do some brilliant deals, can also include home phone and mobiles. At the moment we only have broadband with them and there is no tie in period.

Nat
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:11 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in Perth I don't think you can go far wrong with iinet. Been with them for over 2 years and they have been brilliant.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:31 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
If you are in Perth I don't think you can go far wrong with iinet. Been with them for over 2 years and they have been brilliant.
I think the fact that they are based here helps. I'm very happy with the ADSL2+ from iinet.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:57 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting for ADSL2 on our exchange, just getting BB was a feat!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:06 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch

I agree with Hutch,

steer clear of hte major telco's like Telstra and Optus - they are more money for less download with long contracts that you can't get out of...

shop around in your area and find a good deal!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your help and whirlpool is a good way to compare, and i would agree with a few of you that iinet looks good, cheers Paul
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

If you are unhappy with your ISP and locked in for 2 years...can you get out of it without paying huge costs?
Also we are moving to a lifestyle village soon and they have their own system for the phone and internet. If we did want to stay with our current ISP they have told us we will have to pay for a telstra line (we are with Iprimus at the moment...could someone offer any advice please?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:56 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
If you are unhappy with your ISP and locked in for 2 years...can you get out of it without paying huge costs?
Also we are moving to a lifestyle village soon and they have their own system for the phone and internet. If we did want to stay with our current ISP they have told us we will have to pay for a telstra line (we are with Iprimus at the moment...could someone offer any advice please?
Well I was with iinet and moved to another place which already had broadband.....all they charged me to get out of the contract was the price of the modem ($189) which was originally free on a 24month contract. I had about 6 months to run and assumed I'd have to pay 6x monthly charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.