Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brittainia !!!!!!!

Brittainia !!!!!!!

Old Oct 28th 2005, 5:12 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough
Default Brittainia !!!!!!!

I can recomend packers have had Brittainia here the last two days and they were absolutey fantastic cannot fault them in any way...

They got the whole of a five bedroomed house in the back of a 20foot container... Including 4 leather sofa just bought two new ones, and a new leather bedstead super king size, including our original kingsize bed. They told us in the week not to buy anything else.

What is the problem they had plenty of room could of bought some more stuff just did not have the time or money.

Just found it so hard to figure out what to take and what not to take because we are still living in the house. So what is left behind will just be taken to the tip..I have only now got two wks left at work, had to give 1 mths notice so hope I am not at home for too long Ha Ha..

House seems so empty now we just need a date to move now....

Anyway good luck to everyone..
Pauline and John
xx
Attached Thumbnails Brittainia !!!!!!!-2005_1028packers0032.jpg   Brittainia !!!!!!!-2005_1028image0005.jpg   Brittainia !!!!!!!-2005_1028image0025.jpg  
Old Oct 28th 2005, 6:37 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brittainia !!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Pauline
I can recomend packers have had Brittainia here the last two days and they were absolutey fantastic cannot fault them in any way...

They got the whole of a five bedroomed house in the back of a 20foot container... Including 4 leather sofa just bought two new ones, and a new leather bedstead super king size, including our original kingsize bed. They told us in the week not to buy anything else.

What is the problem they had plenty of room could of bought some more stuff just did not have the time or money.

Just found it so hard to figure out what to take and what not to take because we are still living in the house. So what is left behind will just be taken to the tip..I have only now got two wks left at work, had to give 1 mths notice so hope I am not at home for too long Ha Ha..

House seems so empty now we just need a date to move now....

Anyway good luck to everyone..
Pauline and John
xx
Good to hear wehave booked them to do ours too
Old Oct 28th 2005, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

JerrySpringer is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the way the 'This Way Up' boxes are stacked on their side
Old Oct 28th 2005, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

we had brittannia too #
very good service - only took 1 mth to arrive too!!!

ttfn

pootle26
Old Oct 28th 2005, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

ozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really nice

Looks like you got a LOT in a 20 foot container-we have a four bedroom house and are taking everything we can and thought we would have to get a 40 footer but I am not so sure we will need it now-are you taking white goods with you too-we hope to take large fridge,chest freezer,washing machine,tumble dryer.

Marlyn
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:55 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JerrySpringer
I love the way the 'This Way Up' boxes are stacked on their side
Those boxes were empty, ths was to try and stop the sofa moving around.. The sofas have nothing packed on top of them, because I showed them the previuos posts on here with the leather sofas that had something packed on theres so we did not want that problem..

Ozzymas
we did not take any white goods, fridge and frezzer is built in the kitchen here. The washing machine and tumble dryer is quite old and starting to sound funny so we left behind..

Pootle26
Did they tell you it would take a month or did it go by air.

This is a picture of our now lounge and we are sitting on beds to watch the telly, not very comfortable!!!!!!
We have pushed 2 single beds together and that is what we are sleeping on, just staying away from the middle so we don`t fall through......

We just need a date now we want to go....
Attached Thumbnails Brittainia !!!!!!!-2005_1028packers0033.jpg   Brittainia !!!!!!!-2005_1028packers0038.jpg  
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

Pootle26
Did they tell you it would take a month or did it go by air.

it went by sea
it left uk 8 june - arrived 8 july in fremantle - we waited 10 days for it to get through customs & be delivered

hth

pootle26
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:22 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pauline
Those boxes were empty, ths was to try and stop the sofa moving around.. The sofas have nothing packed on top of them, because I showed them the previuos posts on here with the leather sofas that had something packed on theres so we did not want that problem..

Glad to be of service, at least others have learned from my post
Old Oct 30th 2005, 1:48 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

Hi there - loved the photos - takes me back to a year ago. We used Britannia too. At this end when unpacking- only one plate had small chip - not bad going.

Sunshine Sarah