Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brits/Irish in Brisbane

Brits/Irish in Brisbane

Old Oct 21st 2006, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Brits/Irish in Brisbane

Just a wee question for all that are there all ready. How easy have you found it to meet new friends when you first arrive? How have you gone about it? Have you made friends with fellow aussies or has it been mainly Brits/Irish?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Brits/Irish in Brisbane

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Just a wee question for all that are there all ready. How easy have you found it to meet new friends when you first arrive? How have you gone about it? Have you made friends with fellow aussies or has it been mainly Brits/Irish?
We ahve been here 10 months ans have found no new mates as yet , we had a huge circle of mates in the UK but we find it very hard to meet new people andgoing to meets with people you don't scares us , but i'm sure we will find mates in our own time
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tabby
We ahve been here 10 months ans have found no new mates as yet , we had a huge circle of mates in the UK but we find it very hard to meet new people andgoing to meets with people you don't scares us , but i'm sure we will find mates in our own time
We are hopefully moving to Brisbane July/Aug 2007.......so send us your e.mail address and we will get in touch when we arrive for a few beers!!!!! Have you been to any of the brit expat meet ups?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:52 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

We are hopefully moving to Brisbane July/Aug 2007.......so send us your e.mail address and we will get in touch when we arrive for a few beers!!!!! Have you been to any of the brit expat meet ups?
my wife and i are july applicants. hoping to get to brissie early next year.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

We've not made any meets as yet , but plan to try to , will pm you
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

hi brissydebs

we too are hoping to go in july/aug. have you applied for you visa yet if so which visa are you going on. do you have any idea of whre you are going in brisbane.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Hi
I'm currently in Scotland but born in Northern Ireland. Brisbane bound, hopefully, summer 07. Hoping it won't be too difficult to meet people when we get there. Have 3 young kids so I will use them to meet people (terrible I know). If I didn't have kids I'd probably get a dog!!!
Anyone else Brisbane bound with bairns?
Tracy
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h1tvd
Hi
I'm currently in Scotland but born in Northern Ireland. Brisbane bound, hopefully, summer 07. Hoping it won't be too difficult to meet people when we get there. Have 3 young kids so I will use them to meet people (terrible I know). If I didn't have kids I'd probably get a dog!!!
Tracy
Hi

We are Brissy bound too. Hubby, myself and 4 year old son. Are you coming to the meet on 4 November in Glasgow? It's in the meet up section if you want to check it out.

Cheers

Scotschick
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: Brits/Irish in Brisbane

Originally Posted by stillinscotland
hi brissydebs

we too are hoping to go in july/aug. have you applied for you visa yet if so which visa are you going on. do you have any idea of whre you are going in brisbane.

Going on a Skilled Australian Sponsored visa, still going through the skills assessment..........due to get result any day! Looked at several areas in Brisbane, quite like Mango Hills/ North Lakes. What about yourself?
Are you going to the meetup at Walkabout in Glasgow on the 4th?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Going on a Skilled Australian Sponsored visa, still going through the skills assessment..........due to get result any day! Looked at several areas in Brisbane, quite like Mango Hills/ North Lakes. What about yourself?
Are you going to the meetup at Walkabout in Glasgow on the 4th?
We've made no friends so far either....glad it's not just us!!!!
Tanya
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

marknclaire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Tanya

we're moving up to a northern brisbane suburb from adelaide in the first week of january, will be in the area on and off from november 20th so would love to say hi.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

scoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nicescoobie is just really nice

Originally Posted by h1tvd
Hi
Tracy
hi we hope to be out summer 07 too just waiting for visa to be acknowledged mid DEC i hope? general skilled visa,.then granted 6 month on.
then my wife and 3 year old girl can stop dreaming and get out of this rut.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:42 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Tanya
I was thinking of having a meet up some time on the northside, by lake Samsonville, just for the an excuess for a BBQ
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by themerlin
I was thinking of having a meet up some time on the northside, by lake Samsonville, just for the an excuess for a BBQ
Sounds good!
Let us know the details when you have made plans!
Tanya
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:25 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Tanya

hey we are english and havnt been here long!! and im a midwife!! hehe got no job yet though!!! when did you arrive, got a job?

seriously it is hard, yes, we were never very sociable people in england but have tried to make friends here, not been to a meet - they scare me too!! but happy to meet any other families - its the big meets that worry me! get in touch!

mand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.