Reload this Page >

British TV In Aus?

British TV In Aus?

Old Aug 25th 2006, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

ghosty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British TV In Aus?

Hi,

Just a quick question, can you get any British TV channels in Aus or are there any other channels that show up to date British programmes?
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:29 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: British TV In Aus?

Originally Posted by ghosty
Hi,

Just a quick question, can you get any British TV channels in Aus or are there any other channels that show up to date British programmes?
We are hoping to move to Brisbane next year and this is something we have been thinking about. The info we have found is future TV broadcasting will be IPTV (Internet protocol TV) this will let anyone with a broadband connection watch TV from anywhere in the world (by subscription). Have a look at this link from the BBC for more info. Neil

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4318331.stm
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:36 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

You get quite a bit of Brit TV and a lot of USA TV like CSI etc. if you sign up for foxtel like UK sky you can get more of both but costs about $70 a month for full package with UK footy etc.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:44 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
You get quite a bit of Brit TV and a lot of USA TV like CSI etc. if you sign up for foxtel like UK sky you can get more of both but costs about $70 a month for full package with UK footy etc.
...and UKTV amd BBC World.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Paul & Wendy will become famous soon enoughPaul & Wendy will become famous soon enough

channel 4 already broadcasts many of its programmes on its website. I think that you have to be in the UK to access the site, but have read other posts on here telling you how to trick the internet on where you live...if you follow me.
Paul
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Though i admit Aus TV is generally pants you get a lot of the dribble ( corrie, emerdale, eastender ) from the UK i'm sad to say. You also get footie and little Brittan.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:17 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

All the big torrent sites carry rips of TV programming. I squandered 700Mb of my bandwidth on the Big Brother final for the missus. The UK specific sites carry an enormous variety of UK TV programming, from the six o'clock news and Eastenders to old rips of things like Record Breakers (Norris on the spot, on the spot!) and Grange Hill.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:26 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree with Hutch about the torrent sites. I get 20GB of downloads a month, I am almost up to that with only 1 week to go, looks like I will be shaped for the last few days this month. First time though in 12 months, lots of good TV on in England at the mo.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 12:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

UKTV on Foxtel carries a lot, and is usually pretty good, though at present I'm fuming over Casualty - the only programme I get to watch, and they have just skipped the Christmas episodes! I know its sad and a real long shot, but if anyone has a tape of the explosion in the tunnel over last Christmas, I'll pay postage, and return it if you lend it to me!!!!!!
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:19 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
UKTV on Foxtel carries a lot, and is usually pretty good, though at present I'm fuming over Casualty - the only programme I get to watch, and they have just skipped the Christmas episodes! I know its sad and a real long shot, but if anyone has a tape of the explosion in the tunnel over last Christmas, I'll pay postage, and return it if you lend it to me!!!!!!
Just to say that due to a lovely lovely person in Melbourne, I'm now smiling again Where would we all be without fellow posters to help out
Old Aug 26th 2006, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say that due to a lovely lovely person in Melbourne, I'm now smiling again Where would we all be without fellow posters to help out
Hey, what can I say, the nicest people in the world live in Melbourne Those 2 eps they missed were Casualty @ Holby eps so is it possible they played them during the Holby City timeslot (if it exists?).
Old Aug 26th 2006, 3:26 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Hey, what can I say, the nicest people in the world live in Melbourne Those 2 eps they missed were Casualty @ Holby eps so is it possible they played them during the Holby City timeslot (if it exists?).
You're a wonderful person!

They certainly weren't on Holby last week - The Bloke was out for an hour so I got to see the TV and Holby was on. However, I do remember that the last time there was a joint one it was on at an odd time, out of sequence.
That time my mum had actually taped it in advance and sent it over. Great willpower on my part not to play the tape before we got to the right point in the story!!
Old Aug 26th 2006, 3:29 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Did you ever get to see Cracker?
Old Aug 26th 2006, 3:38 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bordy
Did you ever get to see Cracker?
What do you think
Old Aug 26th 2006, 3:53 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

What do you think
I'll put it on dvd if you like.

If Tash can suck up to the mods so can I.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.