Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British passport photos !

British passport photos !

Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Angry British passport photos !

Trying to get my daughters passport renewed as we are hoping to go back to the UK for Christmas. Went to 3 places today which advertise for doing photos but have all said they cant do them as the the British passport people will not accept them.
Two have said that as they print them on kodak paper they will be rejected. They said the only place that will do them is the post office. Went there and they refused as 99 % have been rejected ! They advised that we should get the exact proportions from there website and hire a professional photographer!

Before i go down this line has anyone had some photos done recently which were accepted ?

Nicky
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:24 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British passport photos !

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Trying to get my daughters passport renewed as we are hoping to go back to the UK for Christmas. Went to 3 places today which advertise for doing photos but have all said they cant do them as the the British passport people will not accept them.
Two have said that as they print them on kodak paper they will be rejected. They said the only place that will do them is the post office. Went there and they refused as 99 % have been rejected ! They advised that we should get the exact proportions from there website and hire a professional photographer!

Before i go down this line has anyone had some photos done recently which were accepted ?

Nicky
The only place NOR that will do them as per the instructions is a small photo developing place in Gwelup, only about half an hour drive Nicky but worth it to know you are getting it done right. It is at Gwelup Plaza on North Beach Rd Gwelup, just inside the shopping centre on the left.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
The only place NOR that will do them as per the instructions is a small photo developing place in Gwelup, only about half an hour drive Nicky but worth it to know you are getting it done right. It is at Gwelup Plaza on North Beach Rd Gwelup, just inside the shopping centre on the left.
Thanks C
Will have to drag John away from work on saturday to try and get them done,

Nicky
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:21 pm
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

We are still currently in the UK and processing our visa application, but a couple of years ago applied for new UK passports for our 3 children and my husband.

I took the photos myself on our digital camera with a white background and printed them out the size requested by the UK Passport Agency - what I had to make sure when printing was that the logo that appears on the back of photographic paper (i.e. Kodak etc.) did not appear anywhere on the back of the photo (the back of the photo has to be blank) - with a little of jigging around with margins managed to find the perfect spot.

All four passports where processed without any problems.

May be worth a try.

Mary
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

I've done the same with OH and 2 kids seperately and had no problems.

Just use a decent resolution and have a mess about with resizing and cropping til it measures up. Print on a reasonable printer and voila! It takes a bit longer but you're sure of a shot you like at least. And it's handy for all sorts of other applications having it to hand.

I didn't even realise about the blank back bit! (is that new) - maybe my paper was blank or I got lucky! My backgound was a light cream wall! A sheet draped over a door will do if your walls are pale enough. For a baby pic I sat him in car seat that was covered in a white sheet first.

Safin
Old Oct 4th 2007, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Had ours done at post office, ocean keys shopping centre and got passports OK, they had the template for britishpassport photo's

Di
Old Oct 4th 2007, 8:50 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

If you have a decent camera, a decent printer and some decent paper that is plain on the back - and know what you are doing, you can do it your self...

My Mrs renewed her's a few months back and went to a shop in the uk that advertised "passport photos". It was just someone with a camera in front of a white wall with some markings on the floor. The Mrs didn't check the photos proportions againts the requirements and sent them off. They we're refused and sent back...

I took a photo and inserted it into MS Word. I then used boxes and lines from the drawing tools to acurately measure the correct dimensions, and then printed it out onto photo paper.

These were accepted without a problem.

I think anywhere that just prints photos without any kind of digital checking or intervention will struggle to get the sizes perfect.

I've just sent mine off to be renewed and went to a photo booth in our local morrisons. That seems to be pretty smart and displayed an overlay of the correct dimensions in the screen whilst taking the photo...

If you get stuck, and:
- Can take a photo and email it.
- Receive and open Word Document.
- Print a Word Document with a decent printer on photo paper that is plain white on the back...

I'd be happy to turn you image into a document that you can print for perfect dimensions. Let me know if I can help...

If not, try shopping around for a digital imaging expert. Someone with a PC, decent printer and the know how - not one of these DIY photo machines that are in most places now...
Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Had ours done at post office, ocean keys shopping centre and got passports OK, they had the template for britishpassport photo's

Di

Thats where i went yesterday Di & they would not do them. Must of just changed recently.

Nicky
Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thats where i went yesterday Di & they would not do them. Must of just changed recently.

Nicky
Something to do with the new biometric passports the photo requirements have changed.

http://bhc.britaus.net/passports/pas...ult.asp?id=684 is a list of the photographers that know how to do it. Easier to get it done right first time I think Nicky rather than faff about.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
Something to do with the new biometric passports the photo requirements have changed.

http://bhc.britaus.net/passports/pas...ult.asp?id=684 is a list of the photographers that know how to do it. Easier to get it done right first time I think Nicky rather than faff about.

Thanks again for that ! I dont want to chance getting them sent back as hope to go in about 10 weeks !

Nicky
Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:40 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again for that ! I dont want to chance getting them sent back as hope to go in about 10 weeks !

Nicky
Im going back too in 10 weeks cant wait, ive just managed to get suitable pics for the new baby's aussie passport so hope to get it sent off nxt week, the turn around time is normally 10 days or 2 if you pay extra have you thought about getting the child a aussie one to travel it will be alot quicker i waited 5 wks for the british one.

i used that gwelnup photo shop for the uk passports and they were excepted.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky

My daughter has just renewed her passport as she is visiting rellies in the Uk , we used the shop in Lakeside that has the black & red 'one hour photo' sign - just up from Thingz. No problems.

Jude
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Nicky
Strange as we had biometric ones done end of july and travelled 8th September, I took in the requirements and she measured them against there template. The woman did say they may not be accepted but we sent them anyway as we had the ones from the recommended photographer in Perth sent back!

Di
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:32 am
HUN skelper

magic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant future

If you have a reasonably good (3megapix) digi camera you can use this software. http://www.onthegosoft.com/
We used it beacause there are 7 of us but have done 3 for other people all passed bio. Dont use the fastrack its a rip off also. all passports back in 2 weeks.
hope it helps M&M
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:33 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Not me personally, but friends just recently had some done at the Ocean Reef chemist with no problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.