Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British Indian Curry Gold Coast/Brisbane

British Indian Curry Gold Coast/Brisbane

Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default British Indian Curry Gold Coast/Brisbane

Help.
I know there's a thread on here saying where the best curry is in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area and saying it can be cooked like in the UK. I am missing my Indian food and wondered if anyone can tell me where it is? Thanks!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: British Indian Curry Gold Coast/Brisbane

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Help.
I know there's a thread on here saying where the best curry is in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area and saying it can be cooked like in the UK. I am missing my Indian food and wondered if anyone can tell me where it is? Thanks!
Hi

The one we use is on the Birkdale road in Birkdale, Bayside. It is in the Birkdale Fayre shopping centre. The owners and staff are from Birmingham, well Halesowen, and have brought the British curry with them. It is a really nice balti by Aussie standards.
However by UK standards it is just OK, had better in the UK but also have had worse, hundreds of customers cant be wrong, I think they are making a bit of a killing.

Sean
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:26 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Help.

the indian cafe, robina
its next to red rooster n noodle box

definately a thumbs up
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

India Hut, Christine Corner. Damn good Chinese there as well.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:18 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Help.
I was trying to remember (on the other thread, which I can't find now either) the name of the place in Paddington that I really enjoyed, don't know if the curry is cooked 'UK-style' but it tasted good to me.

Anyway the place is called 'Indus', it looks poncy and overpriced but it isn't really. I'll be going back anyway.

Cheers,
Matt
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:02 am
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

There is a little Indian Restaurant on Park Road in Milton, called something like Kashmir (star of Kashmir?) not the best curry i have ever tasted but was not too bad. My only curry in Brisbane so far anyway.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

Oooo thanks for all the responses and keep them coming. We are located near Coomera so the closer the better. My main problem is that none of the Indians or Chinese places I've been to here use chicken breasts, rather using thigh meat instead. I hate this and I wondered why this is the case? Anyone know of someplace where you can get chicken breasts in the dishes?
Thanks!!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

the one in birkdale uses breast meat... we've been a few times - it's good!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Oooo thanks for all the responses and keep them coming. We are located near Coomera so the closer the better. My main problem is that none of the Indians or Chinese places I've been to here use chicken breasts, rather using thigh meat instead. I hate this and I wondered why this is the case? Anyone know of someplace where you can get chicken breasts in the dishes?
Thanks!!!!!
I have tried the Curry Inn (take away and eat in) up at Springwood and wouldn't recommend it ... at least it's one less to try ...
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:47 pm
Legal immigrant

Lee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond repute

there is a nice one at wellington point on the right after Hogans
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

beachgal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I also hate the Indian restaurats that don't use chicken breast - i'll only eat ckn breast - I can tell you what ones not to eat at for that reason only:

Little indian palace - Cleveland (thigh meat)
Jaipur palace - wellington point - pink/brown ckn meat
Havelli - victoria point - pink/brown ckn meat
?Indique - victoria point (as owned by same people as above)

The other indian restaurant in Cleveland (forgot the name) uses ckn breast but we didn't rate their sauces that much.

Birkdale balti - lovely and uses ckn breast - not as good as many uk restaurants but the best we have found here and satisfy's the cravings!

I had a lovely indian in surfers 3 years ago - its a tiny little place near Legends hotel - not sure if its still there? Its nice inside but basically furnished - the food was very tasty - smaller than uk servings but lovely none the less - would love to know if its still there. It used ckn breast meat and their korma was tasty!

Old Mar 20th 2007, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by beachgal
Hi

I also hate the Indian restaurats that don't use chicken breast - i'll only eat ckn breast - I can tell you what ones not to eat at for that reason only:

Little indian palace - Cleveland (thigh meat)
Jaipur palace - wellington point - pink/brown ckn meat
Havelli - victoria point - pink/brown ckn meat
?Indique - victoria point (as owned by same people as above)

The other indian restaurant in Cleveland (forgot the name) uses ckn breast but we didn't rate their sauces that much.

Birkdale balti - lovely and uses ckn breast - not as good as many uk restaurants but the best we have found here and satisfy's the cravings!

I had a lovely indian in surfers 3 years ago - its a tiny little place near Legends hotel - not sure if its still there? Its nice inside but basically furnished - the food was very tasty - smaller than uk servings but lovely none the less - would love to know if its still there. It used ckn breast meat and their korma was tasty!

The Spice Avenue at Birkdale is better than any of the other aussie slop you will find in and around Brisbane. We tried about 20 places before we found these guys. Naz and Rushna run a fantastic place, the food is good, the service is good and the atmosphere is great too.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 2:21 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

This comes up every week, maybe it's worth a sticky

Originally Posted by Billabong
The Spice Avenue at Birkdale is better than any of the other aussie slop you will find in and around Brisbane. We tried about 20 places before we found these guys. Naz and Rushna run a fantastic place, the food is good, the service is good and the atmosphere is great too.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Patrick D is an unknown quantity at this point

The cheques in the post - Naz & Rushna