Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British Forces Mail, from Australia

British Forces Mail, from Australia

Old Nov 11th 2010, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

johnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the rough
Default British Forces Mail, from Australia

Has anyone sent mail to British Forces anywhere in the word from Australia using the BFPO addresses as provided and used in the uk?

Thanks
Old Nov 11th 2010, 1:13 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Forces Mail, from Australia

yes, i have. why?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

johnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the roughjohnandjoanne is a jewel in the rough

Got a letter to send but the address is , well not conventional, do i address it back to the uk first to be forwarded as it will have no country on it?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Just put United Kingdom under the BFPO no and it'll be fine.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, many times check here for what to do http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/faqs.htm#op15 Never had a problem but unfortunately you dont get the freebie postage and parcels cost a lot.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 11:00 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I just pop them in the post with the address on as it is and it gets there fine
Old Nov 12th 2010, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Big thanks to you all
Old Nov 12th 2010, 1:04 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnandjoanne
Big thanks to you all
When my boet was in Afghanistan earlier this year, we sent parcels to him via BFPO in the UK. This worked out quite expensive as there is no free BFPO post from Australia. We ended up getting friends in the UK to send him stuff and we sent them the money via Paypal.