Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British education

British education

Old Nov 20th 2004, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future
Default Re: British education

Originally Posted by Gaz&Rach
I think we are all missing a most important point...this was in the newspapers!! How much of the content of newspapers is actually reported correctly and acurately? She probably started the lesson with something like..."what would you do in this situation?...a giant meteor is about to hit earth....." But let's face it, it would not make a very good story would it?

Rach
Okay so the facts need to be established first, I think we would all agree on that. But let's say for arguments sake, that it is absolutely true; then as many here have already stated... I am disgusted that this teacher who is clearly in a position of authority, has decided (for whatever reason) to inform these children to go home and say their last farewells before they die because a meteor is going to strike the Earth in 10 days!!!

I seriously doubt any child thinking they were going to die would be putting much thought into their school work so I am totally confused as to what her intentions really were????

I have four children, the two eldest are 12 & 14 and I know that both would believe a teacher if they told them this in a serious manner... especially having seen the documentary a few months ago and it sickens me to think that some people think this is acceptable.

Whilst I agree litigation culture is going OTT in this country - I would certainly be demanding disciplinary proceedings be brought against this teacher and reassessment as to the suitability of this person in teaching altogether!

Guess this touched a nerve!
Old Nov 20th 2004, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think she probably got a right telling off, by the head Teacher.

Perhaps the person who originally reported the incident to the press did it to cause the some type of stress to the teacher. We'll it obviosuly worked and no doubt she got a telling off.

Yer it was a stupid thing to do, yep the kids got upset and so did their parents. As for this sueing crap then shame on you for even suggesting it.

If a large lump of rock is on route - then shit there ain't a lot i can do about it ia there?

Bored with this thread now - i'm more concerned about the children in Iraq, Palestine and half of Africa. It would be rather nice to give them the oppotunity to be frightened by a story and not reality.

Gone to find something more important and interesting in other threads

Gaz
Old Nov 20th 2004, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future1cal has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gazzer
I think she probably got a right telling off, by the head Teacher.

Perhaps the person who originally reported the incident to the press did it to cause the some type of stress to the teacher. We'll it obviosuly worked and no doubt she got a telling off.

Yer it was a stupid thing to do, yep the kids got upset and so did their parents. As for this sueing crap then shame on you for even suggesting it.

If a large lump of rock is on route - then shit there ain't a lot i can do about it ia there?

Bored with this thread now - i'm more concerned about the children in Iraq, Palestine and half of Africa. It would be rather nice to give them the oppotunity to be frightened by a story and not reality.

Gone to find something more important and interesting in other threads

Gaz

Just in case you pop back for another read of this thread....

Of course I worry about the plight of suffering children all over the world as do, I presume, many of the people on this site... but that said, you should not trivialise this; for all intense and purposes these children thought it was reality!!!

Enough said...