Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brisbane websites

brisbane websites

Old Apr 13th 2004, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

alene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brisbane websites

Has anyone got any good websites on Brisbane and surrounding areas which gives information on suburbs, schools community etc??? :PARTY:
Old Apr 13th 2004, 9:55 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brisbane websites

Originally posted by alene
Has anyone got any good websites on Brisbane and surrounding areas which gives information on suburbs, schools community etc??? :PARTY:
The best one I've seen is www.ourbrisbane.com.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 10:52 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good one for suburbs

Qld Suburb profiles

Try this one for private schools in & around Brisbane

Private schools

Try this one for lots of info on various things

Brisbane City Council website
Old Apr 13th 2004, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

You missed this one, Mrs D! It's a lovely area of Brisbane!

http://www.wynnummanly.com.au/

sandy
Old Apr 13th 2004, 11:15 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandy.l
You missed this one, Mrs D! It's a lovely area of Brisbane!

http://www.wynnummanly.com.au/

sandy
LOL! She didnt specifically mention bayside.

Looks like a great area, can you recommend it?
Old Apr 13th 2004, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
LOL! She didnt specifically mention bayside.

Looks like a great area, can you recommend it?
Yup, spent a great deal of time there a few years ago! Hope to be back there before too long to join my fave cousin! May have to go via 'Bush' initially though!!

sandy
Old Apr 13th 2004, 11:19 pm
Rocket Scientist

(And just to keep Sandy happy )

Try this one for more Wynnum/Manly info (my local area! )

Wynnum/Manly
Old Apr 13th 2004, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

(And just to keep Sandy happy )

Try this one for more Wynnum/Manly info (my local area! )

Wynnum/Manly
Big smiles all round

sandy
Old Apr 13th 2004, 11:24 pm
Rocket Scientist

Yup, spent a great deal of time there a few years ago! Hope to be back there before too long to join my fave cousin! May have to go via 'Bush' initially though!!

sandy
Sandy, have you looked at Bundys Stranger than Nundle thread? Hope its not *that* sort of bush LOL .

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that its a pretty direct route .
Old Apr 13th 2004, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy, have you looked at Bundys Stranger than Nundle thread? Hope its not *that* sort of bush LOL .

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that its a pretty direct route .
I'm keeping more than my fingers crossed

By the way, what have they done to the Wynnum Hotel???? When we were there it was half decent; pool tables, decent jukebox, the occasional grunt from the publican etc.. Now my cousin tells me that it's now some 'cafe-bar'. What is happening there?? Scary:scared: We went to see the 'Fred Brophy's boxing troupe' in a marquis at the back of the Wynnum Hotel, what a superb night that was! Still, 'the times they are a changin'

sandy
Old Apr 13th 2004, 11:40 pm
Rocket Scientist

Which one is the Wynnum Hotel? Dont know them all by name .

OMG, Fred Brophy, didnt know his troupe was still around, I remember seeing them years & years ago out at Cunnamulla or Eulo
Old Apr 13th 2004, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Which one is the Wynnum Hotel? Dont know them all by name .

OMG, Fred Brophy, didnt know his troupe was still around, I remember seeing them years & years ago out at Cunnamulla or Eulo
I think it's on the corner of Glenora Street, near the fish restaurant, must check that though. Me & hubby spent many a night in the Wynnum. Oh, it might have been the known as 'The Creek', definitely near the fih shop though, where all the pelicans are!

Fred Brophy's troupe were excellent, what showmanship! It p***ed it down that night and there were snakes everywhere on the roads, it was really exciting! Well, I thought so anyway! It was my first time in Australia and the most fantastic time of my life! My cousin has been in Wynnum for 7 years now and still loves it, she's never been back to UK, and they've had kiddies now, real little ozzy bruisers (both girls ).

I have to say she;s always been more like a sister to me and I can't wait to be back with her.

sandy
Old Apr 14th 2004, 12:05 am
Rocket Scientist

I think it's on the corner of Glenora Street, near the fish restaurant, must check that though. Me & hubby spent many a night in the Wynnum. Oh, it might have been the known as 'The Creek', definitely near the fih shop though, where all the pelicans are!

Fred Brophy's troupe were excellent, what showmanship! It p***ed it down that night and there were snakes everywhere on the roads, it was really exciting! Well, I thought so anyway! It was my first time in Australia and the most fantastic time of my life! My cousin has been in Wynnum for 7 years now and still loves it, she's never been back to UK, and they've had kiddies now, real little ozzy bruisers (both girls ).

I have to say she;s always been more like a sister to me and I can't wait to be back with her.

sandy
Ahhhhh ok, now known as the Wynnum Point Hotel , thought it must have been that one . Yeah they have made it pouncy now in the last couple of years, food is still nice but not the same as it was when we first went there. We eat at the fish shop across the road quite a bit .

We love it down here, this whole area is lovely, I can understand why your cousin likes it so much even after 7 years .

(sorry alene, hope you are interested in the Wynnum area after all LOL)
Old Apr 14th 2004, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Ahhhhh ok, now known as the Wynnum Point Hotel , thought it must have been that one . Yeah they have made it pouncy now in the last couple of years, food is still nice but not the same as it was when we first went there. We eat at the fish shop across the road quite a bit .

We love it down here, this whole area is lovely, I can understand why your cousin likes it so much even after 7 years .

(sorry alene, hope you are interested in the Wynnum area after all LOL)
I'm turning in now as it's 1am. I'll sleep soundly tonight with a few memories refreshed!

speak again soon

sandy
Old Apr 14th 2004, 12:15 am
Rocket Scientist

I'm turning in now as it's 1am. I'll sleep soundly tonight with a few memories refreshed!

speak again soon

sandy
Sweet dreams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.