Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Brisbane for us

Is Brisbane for us

Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Is Brisbane for us

Hi there,
I am hoping to move to oz early next year with my husband and 2 teenage kids. I am applying for a skilled visa as I am a hairdresser. I have had the TRA decision back and have sent away the dima form and am just waiting for the visa, could be a long wait
We are thinking of Brisbane as the weather sounds perfect for us and the job prospects seem o.k. my husband is a train driver over here but would be happy to flip burgers as long as its not in the uk. But is Brisbane really the best bet for all the family, my eldest son plays rugby union, my youngest is a swimmer, my husband plays cricket badly and we all like the heat. We have been trying to chat to others on line but so far we cant seem to find anyone to chat to about moving or advice on jobs e.t.c. any help out there?????
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is Brisbane for us

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
Hi there,
I am hoping to move to oz early next year with my husband and 2 teenage kids. I am applying for a skilled visa as I am a hairdresser. I have had the TRA decision back and have sent away the dima form and am just waiting for the visa, could be a long wait
We are thinking of Brisbane as the weather sounds perfect for us and the job prospects seem o.k. my husband is a train driver over here but would be happy to flip burgers as long as its not in the uk. But is Brisbane really the best bet for all the family, my eldest son plays rugby union, my youngest is a swimmer, my husband plays cricket badly and we all like the heat. We have been trying to chat to others on line but so far we cant seem to find anyone to chat to about moving or advice on jobs e.t.c. any help out there?????
Hi,we are going to Melbourne ourselves but my nephew lives in Brisbane,has done for about 5 years now,he loves it,close to good beaches,good weather,he lives in an area called Tenneriffe,my wife wants to live in Gold Coast area but we are going to Melbourne at first,I have a chance of a job as soon as we get there,I would stay in Melbourne full time but will go where the work is good luck Dave
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:56 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Chat away.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Chat away.

Oh god no!! Dont chat to him, Clan Fortune......he is...well, you know....a bit odd

But, from what you have said in your first post...it would seem Brissy would be just perfect for you guys!! Especially if you want a city!! Go for it, I say!!!

Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hels
Oh god no!! Dont chat to him, Clan Fortune......he is...well, you know....a bit odd

But, from what you have said in your first post...it would seem Brissy would be just perfect for you guys!! Especially if you want a city!! Go for it, I say!!!

Ignore the wife, she's drunk again.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

Am not!! Jober as a Sudge, me!!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Jolly good a couple just like us argue all the time. Have you been watching that program on ukliving about the families who have moved to oz??
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

Jolly good a couple just like us argue all the time. Have you been watching that program on ukliving about the families who have moved to oz??

We are NOT married...in fact...never even met!!!

We are both in Oz already, so no, I personally have not seen that program...

Oh, he(the odd one) is living in Brissy....but dont say I didnt warn you!!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:18 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Not sure ourselves where to head for, hoping we will have more of an idea after our reccie visit in August, could let you know what we think after this if you like?
We are going to Brisbane, Gold Coast and Adelaide, we also have a 'kevin' teenager son!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:20 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I seem to have missed that program, whats it called and when is it on please? C x
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Hels
We are NOT married...in fact...never even met!!!

We are both in Oz already, so no, I personally have not seen that program...

Oh, he(the odd one) is living in Brissy....but dont say I didnt warn you!!
Come come my love are you playing hard to get again?

We are an item don't listen to her. 2 lovely kids, she's an angel.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

Come come my love are you playing hard to get again?

Ahhhh no....not playing HARD to get......more like IMPOSSIBLE!!

she's an angel.

At last!! Some truth in his posts!!!!

Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:33 pm

Hi there,
Right enough messing, she's always stalking me. :scared:

Clan Fortune, fire away. We're in Brisbane.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

Right enough messing, she's always stalking me. :scared:

But you pay me to!!!!

Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:49 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

... she's an angel.
Which proves he's never met her

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.