Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane or Townsville

Brisbane or Townsville

Old Sep 12th 2011, 4:33 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane or Townsville

Originally Posted by Bix
That's where we stayed.
Overlooking the rocks and ocean.
Beautiful.
Used to get sea eagles hovering in the thermals just off the balcony and I could see turtles popping up in the sea from my bed. Four infinity pools to choose from! Shame we can't go back now we've got the feline...
Old Sep 14th 2011, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi
The two places have their own for's and againsts and the previous posts have given a good account of what each place is like.
Maybe it would be a good idea to write down what you want exactly from a place and what about having a short break in each one to get the feel for it.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of

I live in Townsville...what bugs us is the Townsville drivers...hubby calls them hillbillies because everybody goes slow or speed limit. I come from a city of 3 million and where everybody is in a hurry (hubby lived there for 7yrs before we moved here to Townsville - btw...he grew up here)...so I try and remember that I'm not home and that the life here is laid back...still irritates the hell out of us though.

Another con for me is that when I want to go home (Canada) I have to travel to Brisbane first before I can get out of the country...adding cost and time to my trip. For that reason alone, I would have preferred Brisbane - but family brought us to Townsville and I don't regret it...I think life is good here and our daughter (11yrs) has settled in well.

Obviously the weather is perfect here!