Reload this Page >

Brisbane Suburbs - Again!

Brisbane Suburbs - Again!

Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:27 am
Just Joined

RollingStone is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Brisbane Suburbs - Again!

Brisbane here we come!!

I'm after some advise on good suburbs around Brisbane for family with 2 young boys. We should be heading out in June this year - just waiting on house sale to complete. I know that this gets asked alot - I've had a good old search through previous threads but need a bit more info.
We will arrive for a good look round & I need to home in on a few areas to home in on, important to us will be:
- Within 1 hour rush hour commute (car or train)
- Good schools
- Property to buy with a few acres for approx AUS$600k
- Not bothered if bayside or inland
- Prefer a "village" atmosphere

Any advise would be great as I don't want to trawl round for days on end with the kids in the car looking at every suburb around Brisbane.
Places I've come up with so far are: Bayside, Samford area, Albany Creek, Kenmore area, Dakabin, Pullenvale

Cheers
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Koza is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brisbane Suburbs - Again!

Pullenvale, Forestdale
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:01 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by RollingStone
Brisbane here we come!!

I'm after some advise on good suburbs around Brisbane for family with 2 young boys. We should be heading out in June this year - just waiting on house sale to complete. I know that this gets asked alot - I've had a good old search through previous threads but need a bit more info.
We will arrive for a good look round & I need to home in on a few areas to home in on, important to us will be:
- Within 1 hour rush hour commute (car or train)
- Good schools
- Property to buy with a few acres for approx AUS$600k
- Not bothered if bayside or inland
- Prefer a "village" atmosphere

Any advise would be great as I don't want to trawl round for days on end with the kids in the car looking at every suburb around Brisbane.
Places I've come up with so far are: Bayside, Samford area, Albany Creek, Kenmore area, Dakabin, Pullenvale

Cheers
We went to Sandown yesterday and asked the very same question, as we are heading for the Bayside area of Brissie. We ended up getting the same answer from quite a few locals to the area. It was suggested that we look around Cleveland as it has a village feel about it. We have friends that live in Redland Bay, but send their kids to Cleveland High school and can't praise it enough.

neil.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil.b
We went to Sandown yesterday and asked the very same question, as we are heading for the Bayside area of Brissie. We ended up getting the same answer from quite a few locals to the area. It was suggested that we look around Cleveland as it has a village feel about it. We have friends that live in Redland Bay, but send their kids to Cleveland High school and can't praise it enough.

neil.
Yes the area is lovely, and we've heard good reports about alot of the schools round here. The sticking point for the OP might be the requirement for " a few acres for $600K".

Hmmm, not Cleveland. Maybe further south, Thornlands direction, but that will take you outside of your 1 hour commute requirement. The train from Cleveland to Brisbane CBD is already 45-50 minutes, so any kind of commute to the train would be too long.

I think you may need to look west of Brisbane to meet those criteria. All my humble opinion of course

Cheers,
JTL