Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Suburbs

Brisbane Suburbs

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:39 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light
Default Brisbane Suburbs

Hello All,

Like in every city suburbs of the world there are good suburbs and there are the not so good suburbs, can I have your opinions of Brisbane’s good and not so good suburbs please, I will make my own opinion since ill be flying to BNE this month to continue with my research and holidays of course, but decided to give it a head start so that I that I can compare opinions and have different views.

Many Thanks,
Boomerang
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:42 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Suburbs

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Hello All,

Like in every city suburbs of the world there are good suburbs and there are the not so good suburbs, can I have your opinions of Brisbane’s good and not so good suburbs please, I will make my own opinion since ill be flying to BNE this month to continue with my research and holidays of course, but decided to give it a head start so that I that I can compare opinions and have different views.

Many Thanks,
Boomerang
Strangely enuff !!!!!!!!

We are just doin a website called, Ozburbs ... the concept being, you can get actual ppls opinions on any suburb within Australia.

If anyones interested in helpin, id appreciate it.

Inala is a dump

Steve
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Hello All,

Many Thanks,
Boomerang
Hi

There have been quite a few posts abouts this recently, do a quick search it should bring up loads of info.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Hello All,

Many Thanks,
Boomerang
How long is a piece of string?

More info about your expectations, budget, lifestyle, probable employment locale, preferred means of transport, etc would help.

House location should ideally be elevated and NE facing for the sea breezes.

WW
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:39 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Strangely enuff !!!!!!!!

We are just doin a website called, Ozburbs ... the concept being, you can get actual ppls opinions on any suburb within Australia.

Steve

Steve thats a fantastic idea, can't wait til you have it up and running. Can't help with any info though as I'm still in sunny manchester!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:46 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

North Rise Deception Bay is nice and quiet as is most of this area Redcliffe included.

We rented via UK through company called www.ozinvestrealty.com.au they sorted out what we wanted no problem and no hic ups. Can recommend them to people still in UK and have choice around all of Brisbane area.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:49 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Steve thats a fantastic idea, can't wait til you have it up and running. Can't help with any info though as I'm still in sunny manchester!
Its funny ya know, I was reading a thread a while back, and thought 2 of the most common questions are.

What suburb?

and

Where to Rent ?

So as we employ several asian programmers , i thought id get their opinions, and get some code knocked up.

We should have something online just after xmas, so will keep you posted. Thanks for positive response.

Steve
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:51 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Its funny ya know, I was reading a thread a while back, and thought 2 of the most common questions are.

What suburb?

and

Where to Rent ?

So as we employ several asian programmers , i thought id get their opinions, and get some code knocked up.

We should have something online just after xmas, so will keep you posted. Thanks for positive response.

Steve

Thanks Steve, will look forward to that. We are hoping to do a reccie next year so the info will be really helpful. Good luck with it.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:58 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Try this website

http://www.reiq.com.au/buySellRent/c...y.asp?CityID=1

It gives a brief description of all the suburbs in Brisbane, average income, family profiles etc.

I live in the Western Suburbs, in Anstead, and its lovely out here, very hilly with lots of trees. Although we're covered by Brisbane City Council, we're separated from the city by the University of Queensland research farm and the combined suburbs of Bellbowrie/Anstead/Moggill have a definite community feel. I always see somebody I know down at the shops, for instance. The usual argument for not living out here is that its hotter than the Bayside in the summer and colder in the winter, but we have a highset Queenslander on a hill which catches the cool breezes and a huge log fire for wintertime.

Jane
P.s. Ernie Dingo lives here and so (apparantly) does the lead singer of Powderfinger.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Try this website

http://www.reiq.com.au/buySellRent/c...y.asp?CityID=1

It gives a brief description of all the suburbs in Brisbane, average income, family profiles etc.

I live in the Western Suburbs, in Anstead, and its lovely out here, very hilly with lots of trees. Although we're covered by Brisbane City Council, we're separated from the city by the University of Queensland research farm and the combined suburbs of Bellbowrie/Anstead/Moggill have a definite community feel. I always see somebody I know down at the shops, for instance. The usual argument for not living out here is that its hotter than the Bayside in the summer and colder in the winter, but we have a highset Queenslander on a hill which catches the cool breezes and a huge log fire for wintertime.

Jane
P.s. Ernie Dingo lives here and so (apparantly) does the lead singer of Powderfinger.

I love waitin for the Moggil Ferry, cheap as chips, and totally goes on behind the noise of suburbia, often not even known by close residnets.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:18 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

I love waitin for the Moggil Ferry, cheap as chips, and totally goes on behind the noise of suburbia, often not even known by close residnets.
It took us about 7 months before we discovered the ferry. Riverview is a hole, though. They keep trying to build a road bridge there instead of the ferry but the residents are determined to keep those Ipswich people on their own side of the river!

Jane
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Strangely enuff !!!!!!!!

If anyones interested in helpin, id appreciate it.

Inala is a dump

Steve
Sounds interesting - keep us all posted on the progress.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:32 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Hello All,

Many Thanks,
Boomerang
There's no doubt about it IMO...the Western suburbs are head n shoulders the best place to live. This too, according to shitloads locals and Poms that I've spoken to.

Bellbowrie is a bit too far out though (I used to live there), and the Mogill ferry is a pain in the arse, always leaving for the other side when I turn up, not to mention the fact it closes at 6pm.

I live in Fig Tree Pocket, where I am Very happy, but Kenmore, Kenmore Hills, Chapel Hill, Brookfield...you can't go wrong.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by chippy
There's no doubt about it IMO...the Western suburbs are head n shoulders the best place to live. This too, according to shitloads locals and Poms that I've spoken to.

Bellbowrie is a bit too far out though (I used to live there), and the Mogill ferry is a pain in the arse, always leaving for the other side when I turn up, not to mention the fact it closes at 6pm.

I live in Fig Tree Pocket, where I am Very happy, but Kenmore, Kenmore Hills, Chapel Hill, Brookfield...you can't go wrong.
Yep nice areas....

Especially fig tree pocket rd, to lone pine koala sanctuary, I dont think ive never not had a nose bleed drivin up sum ppls drives lol..

MOUNTAIN GOATS the lot of yas !!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:39 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

Many Thanks,
Boomerang

Always get nervous replying to threads like this in case I offend someone but here goes. I would have to say that Zillmere, North of Brisbane is not that good. We are staying there as we didnt know the area and booked from the UK on the internet, the property was listed as Taigum but turns out to be in Zillmere.
My husband sits frowning and spitting all evening because of the Hoons. oh how I laugh when I think of the time I had to ask what a Hoon was, well we certainly know now!!!!!!
Honestly they race up and down the surrounding roads skidding and breaking all night, I have been told that its particularly bad round here, my husbands brother is in the police force over here and when we told him that the property turned out to be in Zillmere and not Taigum his reply told us all we needed to know

Last edited by chatty34; Nov 3rd 2005 at 9:47 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.