Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane State High

Brisbane State High

Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice
Default Brisbane State High

Hi all,
Has anybody got children at this school currently? We would like some 'up to date' info please. Also, any information about primary schools in the High Gate Hill and West End area would be good.
Thanks, Lou
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brisbane State High

If only there were some sort of government website where you could look at results in national tests etc
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

Yeah! I thought that after I posted but we have already looked at the My School website and it looks good. We just want some personal viewpoints and we all know how much we love to give them on here
Les and I are relocating due to his new job - hooray!!!!! (keep faith all scientists......30 aplications and 4 months later all is well). We don't want to mess up for the boys as this is a difficult process for them and they are still missing the UK schoolfriends.
Thanks for getting that one over and done with though Lou
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:46 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

BSH has an excellent reputation. Its the only public high school in Brisbane in the "GPS" school sports competition (along with Brisbane Grammar, Sommerville and a host of other $15K a year private schools). It regularly sits towards the top of the yr12 outcomes list when compared to other public schools in Brisbane.

http://www.qldacademies.eq.edu.au/pd...utcomes_08.pdf (look at column showing %ge kids with uni entrance grades - OP1-15)

Enrollment at BSH is tough and unless you live in the catchment zone it will be dificult to get your kids in (although there are avenues if they have very strong musical or sporting abilities).

The only criticism I've heard of BSH is that its a very large school - so if you want a 'touchy feely' community type school then this may not be the one for you.