Reload this Page >

Brisbane South West Suburbs

Brisbane South West Suburbs

Old Sep 9th 2018, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Dottydiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane South West Suburbs

Hi

Wondering if anyone could give me some opinions on the south west suburbs of Brisbane. We are due to arrive on 12 October and although I have researched and narrowed choices down (high school dependant - year 8 child) I am hearing conflicting views from the limited (3) amount of people I know in the Brisbane area. Thinking if I opened it up I may get more diverse opinions. Looking at somewhere between Amberley (Ipswich) to the West and Brisbane itself. Somewhere half way or nearer to Brisbane would be best. I have considered Spingfield Lakes and Forest Lakes (affordable rent and more importantly if we decide to buy we can afford something decent) but I then hear that areas near them should be avoided.

Thanks for any recommendations
Old Sep 10th 2018, 5:49 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane South West Suburbs

Hi,
I live in the inner West (Sherwood) and think it's a great spot. Why are you looking at the south west? Where will you likely be working? The commute (by car) from Springfield/Forest Lake is a bit punishing as the Ipswich Motorway gets very congested if you are trying to drive in and out of the city.If you are thinking train, then it's much better although trains can be busy at peak times. If you are looking for good High Schools then I would consider Indooroopilly SHS (Top 3 in Brisbane and offers the IB if that's relevant to you).

Maybe also have a look in Corinda and Oxley - still some well priced homes in good neighbourhoods. I personally think Springfield Lakes is fine to live in - just a fair distance away and I don't know what the schools are like. I personally wouldn't live in Forest Lake but that's only my personal preference.

Good luck.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 5:52 am
Just Joined

Dottydiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane South West Suburbs

Thank you I will look at those. The commute is for my husband out to Amberley I would like to work in town but no idea yet if and where I will get a job.