Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane is slipping away

Brisbane is slipping away

Old Jan 19th 2004, 10:12 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Brisbane is slipping away

TRA. hey guess what I have just been turned down by the TRA !!!

Cos, youll like this one, my reference that confirms my time done in Carpentry was not on Headed Paper (very hard as the guy who ran the firm is now retired (what the hell do you do now the guy was good enough to do me a reference i thought)) and my certified copies of references from clients some 25 of them are not certifed correctly ie the solicitors stamp is not big enough (its about twice the size of a postage stamp). Its the truth thats what they have said.
The Sol used has done hundreds of TRA applications in the past with no problems.

So take heed and get your Sol to write a letter confirming his actions taken on your behalf.

So its off to appeal and another $300 up in smoke! I guess the assesor was looking forward to his Christmas break and palmed off all the ones on his desk with any excuse.

Its not so rosy in our bed at the minute
Old Jan 19th 2004, 10:21 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

how frustrating. hang on in there. if its meant to be it will. keep thinking positive even though it must be hard at times like this.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 10:25 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

We had the same experience as you , identical mate, and im probably the same classification.

We initially foned the TRA, and asked what we needed to do to satisfy the refusal and get a pass !

He told us exactly where we had gone wrong, i did a thread on this a couple of weeks back.

We noticed that anything the solicitor stamped and signed , we sent off, and was rejeceted , make sure you countersign everything with your solicitor, and any paperwork without letterhead, then supply a stat dec stating why and also get it countersigned and stamped ..

Officialdom rules
Old Jan 19th 2004, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Aww, sorry for your bad news, but look on the bright side - , at least it's nothing too major. Get your stuff back in and go for it!!!
Old Jan 19th 2004, 11:36 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Guys thats exactly what I am doing now
Old Jan 19th 2004, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had initial TRA refusal for a stupid reason too, its a good moneymaker for them the amount they charge for an appeal!!!
Old Feb 6th 2004, 9:57 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

oh bugger N. just looked back at your last post cos i hadn't heard from you in ages and found this. So sorry mate, its a sh*tter, anynews on a retake yet??

PM me if you need anything mate
Old Feb 6th 2004, 10:01 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

the solicitors stamp is not big enough

yip had that in October with my skills assesment(IEaus)
Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by seang
yip had that in October with my skills assesment(IEaus)
Chaps,
Have computer , will produce headed letters. Ipso facto.

Create you own, its really not very difficult. They don't check the company out. Make the phone numbers genuine incase they ring it. But its not like your lying your just aiding yourself to make things look as convincing as poss. Lets face it, thats all your doing here - trying to convince a complete stranger that you've done what you said. Alll they have to go on is the bits of paper.
So make them look the part.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 1:31 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dazzac
Chaps,

Create you own, its really not very difficult. They don't check the company out. Make the phone numbers genuine incase they ring it. But its not like your lying your just aiding yourself to make things look as convincing as poss. Lets face it, thats all your doing here - trying to convince a complete stranger that you've done what you said. Alll they have to go on is the bits of paper.

in my case the skills asses. body wanted a clearer stamp from Jus of peace.Meant to actually post it here for others reference-make sure the stamp or sig on the certified copies are clear and contain all the info required-name/address/contact number/position of person cerifying your copies(mine had a smudge on one of the sheets and ALL sheets were returned )
:scared:

This was in october and set the whole process back for a few weeks
Old Feb 7th 2004, 1:44 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dazzac
Chaps,

I was coming on here to say the exact same thing. My main refere didn't have headed paper, never needed it, so we made our own and very immpressive it was too!!!

Anyone heard from B.O.R??