Reload this Page >

Brisbane Schools ?

Brisbane Schools ?

Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:56 am
Just Joined

tinpot is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Brisbane Schools ?

Hi,

Just arrived in Brisbane last Thursday, with my husband and two children aged 13 and 11. Can any one let me know of a good state high school for my children. We would like to stay between 5 to 10 k's out of the CBD, as I would like to work in the center of Brisbane and do not want to travel to far to work. Thats partly why we left England in the first place.

A big thank you to any one who can help
Old Aug 9th 2008, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Schools ?

Originally Posted by tinpot
Hi,

Just arrived in Brisbane last Thursday, with my husband and two children aged 13 and 11. Can any one let me know of a good state high school for my children. We would like to stay between 5 to 10 k's out of the CBD, as I would like to work in the center of Brisbane and do not want to travel to far to work. Thats partly why we left England in the first place.

Your starter for ten.

Kenmore State High School gets a good rap. That's in Kenmore, western suburbs about 12 kms out.

I'm sure there are plenty of others.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinpot
Hi,

Brisbane State High and Kelvin Grove State School are both close to city and have good reputations. You have to live in the catchment area as both school's have excellence programs so all places outside of catchment are taken up by kids in these programs.

Brisbane State High is in South Brisbane - see http://www.brisbaneshs.eq.edu.au/dow...chmentArea.pdf for details of catchment .

Kelvin Grove State School is in the suburb of Kelvin Grove - see http://education.qld.gov.au/schools/...grove-shs2.pdf for catchment area.

Both are within 5km of the city centre.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Sorry OP can I jump in on this thread. Anyone know anything about or have kids at Wellington point school?. We are looking at the areas between Wynnum, Mount Gravett East and Wellington point. Any info on other schools in the area would be great.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 1:03 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Your starter for ten.

Kenmore State High School gets a good rap. That's in Kenmore, western suburbs about 12 kms out.

I'm sure there are plenty of others.
I concur, we have friends (one a teacher) who have their eldest boy there and they are very happy.

Cooler
Old Aug 10th 2008, 12:01 am
Just Joined

tinpot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kim67
Brisbane State High and Kelvin Grove State School are both close to city and have good reputations. You have to live in the catchment area as both school's have excellence programs so all places outside of catchment are taken up by kids in these programs.

Brisbane State High is in South Brisbane - see http://www.brisbaneshs.eq.edu.au/dow...chmentArea.pdf for details of catchment .

Kelvin Grove State School is in the suburb of Kelvin Grove - see http://education.qld.gov.au/schools/...grove-shs2.pdf for catchment area.

Both are within 5km of the city centre.
Thanks for the catchment info that has helped a lot
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
I concur, we have friends (one a teacher) who have their eldest boy there and they are very happy.

Cooler
Good to hear, my daughter is going there next year and I have been worrying myself sick about whether to send her state or private.