Brisbane Reccie

Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane Reccie

Hi Folks,

Well we're off to validate our visas next weekend and have a good look round brisbane . Any suggestions where we should go..or avoid ? We've got the hotel and car thing already booked, and also doing a couple of days in singapore. Amongst other things we're thinking of doing the night safari...any good ?

Ideas etc very welcome

Cheers

C
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:00 am
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brisbane Reccie

Hi,

We did this late last year...well worth doing.

Highly recommend doing the night Tour on the back of a Harley Trike, you get a real good feel for the city...there are a few companies that do this...if you want i can dig out the guys no. that did ours.

We liked the South Eastern suburbs so check those out...Wellington Point etc...

You can't go wrong really as its all very compact...by london standards anyway.

We got our visas last week and planning the big push in September.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
Hi Folks,

Well we're off to validate our visas next weekend and have a good look round brisbane . Any suggestions where we should go..or avoid ? We've got the hotel and car thing already booked, and also doing a couple of days in singapore. Amongst other things we're thinking of doing the night safari...any good ?

Ideas etc very welcome

Cheers

C
Good post We're of on ours on 1st who did you use to book a car?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6

We used www.standbycars.com.au i was gonna see if they had any one way deals..as they have some cracking deals, which i think will be great way to do abit of a tour..but they had none that coincide with our dates, still they we're pretty cheap..think it was $37 per day unlimited milage. There was a slight problem with there website when we tried to book so we emailed em, and they actually called us up in the UK, really friendly and said we would have a blast, and told us it had been 30 degrees that day.

Cant wait !
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

We used www.standbycars.com.au i was gonna see if they had any one way deals..as they have some cracking deals, which i think will be great way to do abit of a tour..but they had none that coincide with our dates, still they we're pretty cheap..think it was $37 per day unlimited milage. There was a slight problem with there website when we tried to book so we emailed em, and they actually called us up in the UK, really friendly and said we would have a blast, and told us it had been 30 degrees that day.

Cant wait !
Thanks for the link Ill have a look

30 degrees!! well now I know what to pack!!!!

Have a great time, which airline you using??
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Brisbane Reccie

Hi

We used www.europcar.com.au last October and would recommend them.
We are using them again when we move next month.
You can take out insurance with www.insurance4carhire.com against the crash damage waiver (CDW) in the UK for about £65 for an annual policy, which works out cheaper.
HTH

MichaelB
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by p63500sv8
Hi

We used www.europcar.com.au last October and would recommend them.
We are using them again when we move next month.
You can take out insurance with www.insurance4carhire.com against the crash damage waiver (CDW) in the UK for about £65 for an annual policy, which works out cheaper.
HTH

MichaelB
Cheers Micheal
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Hiya Hilary, we're going with Singapore this time. Been with Emirates last time which were good. It came down to price in the end. I think Emirates were quoting 800 quid, where as we got Singapore with a 2 1/2 day stop over for about £500 plus taxes which i think totalled upto about £630 each. The stopover costs an extra 7quid tax, and they throw in discounts galore.

Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:01 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

We've got the hotel and car thing already booked, and also doing a couple of days in singapore. Amongst other things we're thinking of doing the night safari...any good ?

Ideas etc very welcome

Cheers

C
YES! Make sure you go to Singapore zoo - it's really good and (I believe) one of the best in the world. We went a few years back. Didn't do the night safari but heard that it was definitely worth doing!

Graham
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:14 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

It's meant to get cold next week though. Down to 26 on Thursday FFS. Brrrrrrr.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Brisbane Reccie

Hiya Hilary, we're going with Singapore this time. Been with Emirates last time which were good. It came down to price in the end. I think Emirates were quoting 800 quid, where as we got Singapore with a 2 1/2 day stop over for about £500 plus taxes which i think totalled upto about £630 each. The stopover costs an extra 7quid tax, and they throw in discounts galore.

Hi

Did you book your accommodation through Singapore Airlines or direct with the hotel and mention them?
We're flying with them as well and have a 2 day stopover but have not booked our hotel yet!

Cheers

MichaelB
Old Mar 17th 2006, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by p63500sv8
Hi

Did you book your accommodation through Singapore Airlines or direct with the hotel and mention them?
We're flying with them as well and have a 2 day stopover but have not booked our hotel yet!

Cheers

MichaelB

Hotels in singapore were done throught the airline. I fancied larging it in the raffles but the one they have on their website is the raffles complex not the historic one, so i think we opted for the grade a (cheapest type) which seem pretty impressive for the price.

One thing has just sprung to mind....when we made the booking for the flights (online)...they had a server problem and the CC got charged twice. When i rung em up about it it all got sorted straight away, but you might wanna check in case you think your CC limit has got more than perhaps is showing. Dont think there would be much worse than thinking u got a couple of grand left yer card and then find out u get knocked back from everywhere.

anyway...im celebrating my grandads ancestry today (may as well !!) so the replies might not be as coherent later on...

C
Old Mar 17th 2006, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wmoore
It's meant to get cold next week though. Down to 26 on Thursday FFS. Brrrrrrr.
OMG...best pack me scarf