Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane or Perth ???

Brisbane or Perth ???

Old Aug 2nd 2006, 10:44 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane or Perth ???

Originally Posted by belleandscone
We have the same dilema as you, so we are going on a reccie to both Perth and Brisbane, this will hopefully get the whole Perth thing out of our system. Brisbane does seem the sensible option for location and housing etc, but Perth just looks fantastic. I really think we will end up in Brisbane, but will let you know in October. Good luck in your decision.
Clairex
I've lived in Perth for years and if I had my time back I'd have stayed in Brisbane. Brisbane is far more lively and friendly. Only drawback is the humidity and the occaisional strong storm/flood.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We are going to Brisbane and haven't even thought about Perth at all. We've visited Brisbane and really liked but can't imagine going to Perth as we've never visited the place.

Brisbane seems like a great place to us. We have relatives there and it seems quite lively. It is close to other places too whereas Perth seems a bit out on its own.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 1:45 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Brisbane or Perth ???

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
I've lived in Perth for years and if I had my time back I'd have stayed in Brisbane. Brisbane is far more lively and friendly. Only drawback is the humidity and the occaisional strong storm/flood.
I like the idea of the consistent weather of Brisbane, it's much closer to Melbourne, Sydney, cairns etc for holidays. Housing is much more affordable and more employment oppertunities for both of us, much more to do, but Perth is beautiful - just hope our holiday gets it out our system once and for all, we dont have a lot of money to take so we would probably end up living on the beach if we emmigrated to Perth! I can handle the storms in Brisbane, it's more the beasties I'm worrying about!!!
Clairex
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:12 am
Wright family

lee wright is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Brisbane or Perth ???

Thanks all for your comments . Looks like the general trend is towards Brisbane with some very valid points and that is the way were thinking too.
Anyone recommend good but cheap shippers ?

Thanks

Lee
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lee wright
Thanks all for your comments . Looks like the general trend is towards Brisbane with some very valid points and that is the way were thinking too.
Anyone recommend good but cheap shippers ?

Thanks

Lee
depends if you live in yorkshire.lol
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CJN
Lee, drop me an e-mail at work on [email protected] along with your CV. You never know when we'll have a position free. We're about 20k South of Brisbane & it's a very easy commute each day

you wouldn't have any vacancies for industrial electricians would you?!!!! similar sort of experiences - water treatment, plc's, etc etc?!! Know i'm cheeky asking, but if you don't ask you don't get as my mum used to say!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JosieJ
you wouldn't have any vacancies for industrial electricians would you?!!!! similar sort of experiences - water treatment, plc's, etc etc?!! Know i'm cheeky asking, but if you don't ask you don't get as my mum used to say!!!
Josie have a look on seek.com