Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane - Northern Suburbs

Brisbane - Northern Suburbs

Old Oct 31st 2005, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Brisbane - Northern Suburbs

HI,

Long time no post..... after 5 weeks of ups, downs and let downs... we are finally moving into a house in Bridgeman Downs on Friday, and can't wait.. 6 weeks in an apartment with a 4 year old and 17 month old has been long enough..

Some of you may know we were hoping to settle in Bayside, after being let down and missing out on several rentals we re-evaluated our plans and are settling in the Northern suburbs.

I was wondering if there are other stay at home/not working peeps who would like to meet for coffee/lunch/beer... after going to a couple of lunches in Bayside it's a great way to get to know new people (Hello if you are reading. .)...

Time and venue to be decided, suggestions would be welcome as I'm not yet familiar with the local hangouts..

Julie
Old Nov 5th 2005, 11:49 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane - Northern Suburbs

Originally Posted by JJJHM
HI,

Long time no post..... after 5 weeks of ups, downs and let downs... we are finally moving into a house in Bridgeman Downs on Friday, and can't wait.. 6 weeks in an apartment with a 4 year old and 17 month old has been long enough..

Some of you may know we were hoping to settle in Bayside, after being let down and missing out on several rentals we re-evaluated our plans and are settling in the Northern suburbs.

I was wondering if there are other stay at home/not working peeps who would like to meet for coffee/lunch/beer... after going to a couple of lunches in Bayside it's a great way to get to know new people (Hello if you are reading. .)...

Time and venue to be decided, suggestions would be welcome as I'm not yet familiar with the local hangouts..

Julie

Hi Julie

We are in Taigum at the moment but just signed up for a 6 month rental on house in Bridgeman Downs on Ridley Rd. Our container docked yesterday so as soon as it is through customs and Aquis we can move into our house.
I would love to meet up for a coffee, shall I pm you once we move in?

Sharon
Old Nov 5th 2005, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi julie
glad t see you ve finally got your house,and not wasted any time trying to get a meet uo,hope you ll still come to some of ours might even pop along to one of yours

good luck,tracey
HI,

Julie
Old Nov 6th 2005, 8:39 am

If anything girlie is happening near Brisbane please let me know, I am going a bit stir crazy with only MIL hubby and 2 kids to talk to
Old Nov 6th 2005, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Sharon, love to meet for a coffee, next few days will be hectic due to container being delivered tomorrow... I also have 2 kids how old are yours?..

Tracey... please come and see me ... anytime!! I'm sure I'll be back to Bayside, I'm kid free now on a Friday... yipee....

Anyone else ou there..

Julie
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:04 am

Sharon, love to meet for a coffee, next few days will be hectic due to container being delivered tomorrow... I also have 2 kids how old are yours?..

Tracey... please come and see me ... anytime!! I'm sure I'll be back to Bayside, I'm kid free now on a Friday... yipee....

Anyone else ou there..

Julie
Hi Julie

Yep bit hetic here for a few days now, we need to find jobs and cars and hopefully will hear that our container is through customs. How long did yours take to come through?

My children are much older than yours at 11 and 14.
Sounds like a Friday would be good for a coffee though, lets pm each other once we have moved in etc.

Sharon