Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Nightlife!!

Brisbane Nightlife!!

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Lance has a spectacular aura aboutLisa and Lance has a spectacular aura aboutLisa and Lance has a spectacular aura about
Default Brisbane Nightlife!!

Does anyone know the best areas of Brisbane to go out at night? We are looking for some nice restaurants and some lively bars. Is there certain areas to go or are they scattered all over?

Thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:58 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Nightlife!!

Originally Posted by Lisa and Lance
Does anyone know the best areas of Brisbane to go out at night? We are looking for some nice restaurants and some lively bars. Is there certain areas to go or are they scattered all over?

Thanks
What night life?
You'll be back home and tucked in bed by 10pm
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:24 am
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

The Valley is always good for some life, always lively down there anyway, lots of live music bars and clubs and more opening all the time. People will tell you the valley is rough and seedy but not really. The West End is getting a reputation as the "New Valley" not been out there yet but people say it is getting quite a good nightlife going.

In the city the Victory Pub and the bar accross the street (cant remember its name)
are always packed at weekends. Down by the riverside are a load of Resturants all along the waterfront, one or two bars that are busy and the restaurants are always busy weekends. Edward Street just off Queen Street has a few restaurants with seating outside, the Irish bar there is lively and always people milling about the street down there.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Suni,

Mate, have you found somewhere open that late

Nice sig mate
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:38 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
Suni,

Mate, have you found somewhere open that late

Nice sig mate
No, I said you'll be back home and in bed by 10pm, everything will be shut by 8pm, then you'll walk around looking for a place thats open, then you'll drive home, have a bite to eat, watch telly for a bit ( about 10mins, cos they only show shite) and THEN you'll go to bed.

Are you free on tues. I'll email you. Going to bed now. Some of us have to go to work in the morning!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

We should be free on Tues, are you guys free to come to the usual at lunchtime?

Mate, I have some clients looking for some investment land opportunities on the Gold Coast, as I will be back in shitey blighty soon I will let you look after this one for all their property needs on the Gold Coast while I am away. Hope that's ok with you? I hope you are keeping busy.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:34 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
No, I said you'll be back home and in bed by 10pm, everything will be shut by 8pm, then you'll walk around looking for a place thats open, then you'll drive home, have a bite to eat, watch telly for a bit ( about 10mins, cos they only show shite) and THEN you'll go to bed.
?? Not sure which part of Brisbane you have been going out in then, most places are open late weekends, plenty of clubs opening till the early hours and pubs open will 1am and later. Its not as bad as you think.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:57 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Murphsters
?? Not sure which part of Brisbane you have been going out in then, most places are open late weekends, plenty of clubs opening till the early hours and pubs open will 1am and later. Its not as bad as you think.
Dark at 6.30, have tea, spent mins scanning the tv for anything not US or 70's UK, then tucked up in bed by 8pm
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:47 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Murphsters
I agree. Brisbane night life can be as good as anywhere else.

I guess that if being tucked in bed by 10pm with a cup of cocoa is some posters idea of having painted the town red, then fair enough. Personally I've been far too drunk into the small hours in Brisbane to agree with that view.

The Valley is a good start and some parts of the CBD are also very good too with live music and so on.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
What night life?
You'll be back home and tucked in bed by 10pm
Mate, where you going? We usually get out of the clubs for the 4.30am bus.
J.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa and Lance

Thanks
I would suggest either the valley (Brunswick st Train station) There's a most amazing restaurant called Isis there, bit exxy though. Loads of restaurants to chose from.

or westend (near Southbank) - again, loads of restaurants and bars.

J.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think Suni was only joking ,

I have had many nights catching the train from the Gold Coast up to Brizzyville and going to Family night club and leaving there at 04.30, then breakfast at Maccas as they are the only thing open and then the first train back to the Goldie and get back at 08.00am the next morning. That would have even killed me in my 20s don't know how the **** I manage it now.

Anyone else been to Family nightclub in Brisbane......... ......... strange place.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
I think Suni was only joking ,

I have had many nights catching the train from the Gold Coast up to Brizzyville and going to Family night club and leaving there at 04.30, then breakfast at Maccas as they are the only thing open and then the first train back to the Goldie and get back at 08.00am the next morning. That would have even killed me in my 20s don't know how the **** I manage it now.

Anyone else been to Family nightclub in Brisbane......... ......... strange place.
Yup. Have you noticed the convenienlty placed marble shelves in the toilet cubicles? We always end up in there, but I'm starting to tire of it now.

Haven't yet been to the Met (new), but I love Alhambra next door to Family. We sometimes go to the Empire for the dirty breaks!
J.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:41 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

At least you have the option of staying late at the pub in Brissy , rather than being chucked out before midnight and having to go to some kids nightclub to carry on....oops showing my age!!