Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brisbane newbies meet

brisbane newbies meet

Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about
Default brisbane newbies meet

Hi

really enjoyed the meet up last week. We said we would do it again perhaps in a pub so i am suggesting Sat 18th Nov at the Backpackers bar and grill which is cross corners from Central station.

How does this suit people??

Tracy
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: brisbane newbies meet

Originally Posted by Bubbles
Hi

really enjoyed the meet up last week. We said we would do it again perhaps in a pub so i am suggesting Sat 18th Nov at the Backpackers bar and grill which is cross corners from Central station.

Tracy
Hi Tracy

I missed the last one at Roma Street - Kelly told me about it last week after the event. Could I ask a favour - could you email me if this is a definite.

Thanks

Sue
Old Nov 7th 2006, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to all

Hi

Tracy

hi tracey, what time?? we are going to australia v great britain that night. we are free the following sat or even this sat?

kate.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

ali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Tracy
Hi Tracy

We would like to come , we've got transport now too .
Just let us know where and when and we can make it .

Ali
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ali n ali
Hi Tracy

We would like to come , we've got transport now too .
Just let us know where and when and we can make it .

Ali
We could do this Saturday. Katie n Derek where are you living? i know ali n ali are north of the city, maybe there is somewhere more central to meet up.

Ali n Ali glad you are getting sorted hope you have recovered from the trip/ ordeal!

Tracy
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:49 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

We could do this Saturday. Katie n Derek where are you living? i know ali n ali are north of the city, maybe there is somewhere more central to meet up.

Ali n Ali glad you are getting sorted hope you have recovered from the trip/ ordeal!

Tracy
hi Tracey,

i know we've been here a little longer, but we would like to come along.

how are you and mark settling?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

ali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura about

Tracy
Yep we've recovered Ok , starting to feel at bit more relaxed . !!

Sat 18th might be best , it'll give more time for people to organise for it , what do you think ?

Ali
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tinkerbell
hi Tracey,

i know we've been here a little longer, but we would like to come along.

how are you and mark settling?
Hi Guys

seems like the 18th is the date - do we want to meet in the centre at the backpackers or somewhere further north - Tinkerbell is north too. Kate and Derek where are you based at present??
Tracy
Old Nov 8th 2006, 7:36 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

seems like the 18th is the date - do we want to meet in the centre at the backpackers or somewhere further north - Tinkerbell is north too. Kate and Derek where are you based at present??
Tracy
Tracey
is this and adults only type night out, cos i will have to sort out babysitters.
if the 18th is a definite, we wont be able to get there until late, because i'm working until 7'15. the following Saturday is good for us.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

kateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to all

Tracy

hi tracey,

we are moving to thornside today!! picking up the keys at 12 noon. on our way down now from city so stopped off at internet cafe . anywhere central for us as the cleveland train comes direct into the city.
if it looks like it is the 18th we cannot go but the next one we will def do!!

we are getting our container in the next 2 weeks so we will be on line all the time then !! cannot wait!.

kate.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kateandderek2
hi tracey,

we are moving to thornside today!! picking up the keys at 12 noon. on our way down now from city so stopped off at internet cafe . anywhere central for us as the cleveland train comes direct into the city.

we are getting our container in the next 2 weeks so we will be on line all the time then !! cannot wait!.

kate.
whot about the brisbane long timers meet up
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wintersgills
whot about the brisbane long timers meet up

Is there a separarte meet for those?? Anyone is welcome!

Tinkerbell - we had thought of a grown ups night - sorry to leave out the kiddies unless someone knows somewhere central that lets kids in. Maybe some of the long timers know??

How are people fixed this weekend cos Tinkerbell is cutting it fine and Katie and Derek are going to see the cricket the next weekend. We have no plans so can do either, or or even both!!

Tracy
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kateandderek2
hi tracey,

kate.
oh yes and they didnt say they just moved into a bloody palace did they???!!!! Hey K and D, my god, I'm sure its not legal to be so jealous of someone elses place! I wont be able to make this one as too far away from home and girls of 12 and 14 to worry about. If anyone wants to think of a middle ground for those who like a beer but have kids I will happily come!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:47 pm
playing the angel

Originally Posted by kellyjs
oh yes and they didnt say they just moved into a bloody palace did they???!!!! Hey K and D, my god, I'm sure its not legal to be so jealous of someone elses place! I wont be able to make this one as too far away from home and girls of 12 and 14 to worry about. If anyone wants to think of a middle ground for those who like a beer but have kids I will happily come!
must admit, the 25th would be better for us, and also somewhere we can bring the kids along to.

will keep an eye out on whats decided.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

I think maybe the 25th is better all round , it would be better for us too , We've got our first visitor on the 18th . And we've only been here three weeks!!

So that 's better for us , what do you think Bubbles ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.