Wikiposts

Brisbane land prices

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:07 pm
HEL
EEN

HEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane land prices

Hi all,

We're now in Brisbane and have been looking at Land prices all over Brisbane and surrounds. It appears to be ever increasing and plots getting smaller?Could anyone give me an idea on how land prices have increased or decreased over the last twelve months or so. Looking at a plot size of approx 900m2.

Cheers!

Helen
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane land prices

Originally Posted by HEL
Hi all,

We're now in Brisbane and have been looking at Land prices all over Brisbane and surrounds. It appears to be ever increasing and plots getting smaller?Could anyone give me an idea on how land prices have increased or decreased over the last twelve months or so. Looking at a plot size of approx 900m2.

Cheers!

Helen
Sorry, can’t really answer your question, but for interest sake, we have just bought a block of land just south of Brisbane at a place called Ormeau. Its 726m2, which will fit our 30 square, 4 bedroom home, plus enough room for a small pool. It cost us $189,000, which was about 10 grand higher than we wanted to go, but to us it was worth the extra money as it’s in a perfect position to suit our needs, and upon settlement in about 5 weeks, we get a $10,000 Myer gift card, which compensates for the extra money we spent on the land

Regards

Gina
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HEL
Hi all,

Cheers!

Helen
900m² would be outer outer suburbs or an empty block in an older suburb. Typical block is between 450 - 700m². New land prices will always go up due to desire to be closer to city for work. Prices will only go down if there is recession, etc.

Personally I think the demand for living in Brisbane is now too strong for prices to drop.

WW
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Have a look at Halpine lake, acoss the road from North Lakes, bigger plots there and the prices are not too bad either.

Good luck
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:55 pm
Banned

menace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat

Personally I think the demand for living in Brisbane is now too strong for prices to drop.
But you are assuming that the buyers are willing to pay whatever the buyer asks. no sir not I.
Most canny buyers are waiting and watching the interest rates and waiting for the inevitable hike which will result in a considerable fall in house prices.
My tip is this time in 9-12 months Brisbane sellers will do anything to get a buyer through the door.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by menace
But you are assuming that the buyers are willing to pay whatever the buyer asks. no sir not I.
Most canny buyers are waiting and watching the interest rates and waiting for the inevitable hike which will result in a considerable fall in house prices.
My tip is this time in 9-12 months Brisbane sellers will do anything to get a buyer through the door.
You may well be right. However there is still strong migration trends from southern states, especially as QLD is seen as an economic powerhouse (not my call). Brisbane's housing stock is varied with lots of choice. Good building stock and good location will hold their prices. The rubbish stuff would then drop (bought by suckers who think they got a bargain - not LOL ).

Activity the established market is still strong with quite a few first home buyers out looking but struggling to find something that is affordable, especially in older established suburbs.

WW