Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane house prices

Brisbane house prices

Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:03 pm
ABCDiamond

Carbrook ?

Mrs D, what do you think about Carbrook ?

In my opinion, it could be the next logical extension after Redland Bay.
Plenty of acreage property. And 5 - 10 years down the track, it could be being subdivided to cater for more developing estates ?

I did look at something 14 months ago, but was told that it was too far away, out in the sticks, etc. But at the time it was about $250,000, 4 beds, 2.5 acres, fenced horse paddocks etc etc. I bet that its gone up a bit now.

Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:23 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Awww poor thing, hope shes feeling better soon. If you could pop around I would be interested, just wanted general thoughts on the location actually LOL. Is that road fairly busy or not too bad?

Carbrook as you said is positioned quite well for long term capital growth because of the acreage. There are already alot of security estates in that area, up closer to the freeway especially along the river. I find the problem with acreage properties at the moment are the unrealistic expectations because of the possible subdivision adavantage in the future. For some of the prices they are asking, you are really paying the price for it now that you should be paying in 5 years .
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:06 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Awww poor thing, hope shes feeling better soon. If you could pop around I would be interested, just wanted general thoughts on the location actually LOL. Is that road fairly busy or not too bad?

Carbrook as you said is positioned quite well for long term capital growth because of the acreage. There are already alot of security estates in that area, up closer to the freeway especially along the river. I find the problem with acreage properties at the moment are the unrealistic expectations because of the possible subdivision adavantage in the future. For some of the prices they are asking, you are really paying the price for it now that you should be paying in 5 years .
The general location is good.
Point O'Halloran Road is not very busy, except for the people just driving around to look at the houses that would like to buy
I keep parking outside one house that I would love to buy, and just looking at it

My feeling is that anything close to the water will be good, but if I was looking at it, I would want to view it at around Dusk. To see how bad any mossies are in the area. There is a bit of a mangrove swamp area near there, and I would want to be sure that it gets the regular mossie treatment.

Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:51 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
The general location is good.
Point O'Halloran Road is not very busy, except for the people just driving around to look at the houses that would like to buy
I keep parking outside one house that I would love to buy, and just looking at it

My feeling is that anything close to the water will be good, but if I was looking at it, I would want to view it at around Dusk. To see how bad any mossies are in the area. There is a bit of a mangrove swamp area near there, and I would want to be sure that it gets the regular mossie treatment.
Thanx ABC, that was the other thing I wondered about, anywhere that is a *wetland* flags up mozzie & sandfly problems for me, we have enough mozzies here & they drive me nuts :scared: . If the area can be treated I would hope that it wouldnt be so bad, not sure how successful that would be being so close to the water? (We live next to Lota Ck & have the catchment all around us which feeds straight into the bay, so no spraying ).

Im quite keen because of the proximity to the water as you said, for the price it seems quite good. Easily rented? Close to things other than the beach?

I might see what its like when I go pick the boys up & take a drive down there if its not too bad.