Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane - Heaviest Downpour in 2 Years

Brisbane - Heaviest Downpour in 2 Years

Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane - Heaviest Downpour in 2 Years

It's been raining here for, seemingly, 24 hours now

After reading about the drought before we left the UK and recently arriving here, it's strange to be watching the local news and witnessing people's wild sense of joy and celebration at the fact that it's been piddling down since about 7.30pm yesterday and is likely to do so until tomorrow at least.

Watching the weatherman (with a huge, cheesy smile on his face) say "and the best is yet to come" (referring to more downpours overnight) is something that I have never quite experienced before, but I *can* understand everyody's glee.

Read all about it here: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...45-952,00.html

Make sure you read the comments. 111 at last count

Anyway, we're not going to let rain stop play. I'm off to fire up the barbie...

Cheers
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane - Heaviest Downpour in 2 Years

Originally Posted by tictac
It's been raining here for, seemingly, 24 hours now

After reading about the drought before we left the UK and recently arriving here, it's strange to be watching the local news and witnessing people's wild sense of joy and celebration at the fact that it's been piddling down since about 7.30pm yesterday and is likely to do so until tomorrow at least.

Watching the weatherman (with a huge, cheesy smile on his face) say "and the best is yet to come" (referring to more downpours overnight) is something that I have never quite experienced before, but I *can* understand everyody's glee.

Read all about it here: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...45-952,00.html

Make sure you read the comments. 111 at last count

Anyway, we're not going to let rain stop play. I'm off to fire up the barbie...

Cheers
Oi, don't you knock our weather man. That's not a cheesy smile that's a full blown make the rest of the world chuckle smile. He's great and so's the rain.