Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Expats Meetup in July

Brisbane Expats Meetup in July

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Any closer to a venue yet? This is us by the way(hope this pic inserts Ok) except for my eldest who is staying behind until end of year.

Graham
Attached Thumbnails Brisbane Expats Meetup in July-family-pic.jpg  
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:13 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Mrs D, what is the latest up date on this?

Do you have a final decision on where the meet is going to take place? I have been keeping an eye on this thread without actually replying as we are not sure what we are up to (son plays rugby) but haven't been to Mt Cootha yet and it is not far from us so would love to join you all again if we can make it. Is it planned for Sunday 18th? Have been keeping the calendar free except for rugby.

Cheers, Dawn
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:55 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Dawn, yes, its Sunday 18th July, after much umming & ahhing I think we should try New Farm Park. Nice & central, should find parking ok, BBQs & playground for the kids. I would love JC Slaughter Falls, but after last time when people were upset that there were only 2 BBQs, Im even more wary of going somewhere that only have some woodburning ones :scared: . I went to Roma Street Parklands today hoping that it might be suitable, but its bloody confusing to find your way around, even with a map, & a fair hike from the carpark to anywhere so although they have alot of BBQs etc available I still think New Farm Park is probably best. I will see if I can get down there tommorrow & give you an update.

Anyway, here some info about New Farm Park.

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCC:S...132,pc=PC_1171

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCC:S...194,pc=PC_1210

I think we should head to the BBQs near the river bank between Area 1 & area 2, close to the toilets & also not too far from the playground. Picnic lunch if anyone doesnt want to BBQ.

Time : 11am. Someone will have to try to get there early to grab the BBQs & area if we can, it will probably end up being us, but if anyone else wants to volunteer, then pls, speak now! .

Edit: - grrrrrr cant get the urls to work as links, sorry!

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jul 7th 2004 at 12:01 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:00 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where and When??

Hey Mrs D
Keep us posted please we finally moved into our house a few weeks ago and the nice man from telstra came to install the isdn line today so we're back online in our own home. No more sitting in the library in my lunch hour trying to check mail and read the news and keep up with the good folk on here. :scared:
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:03 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where and When??

Originally posted by cresta57
Hey Mrs D
Keep us posted please we finally moved into our house a few weeks ago and the nice man from telstra came to install the isdn line today so we're back online in our own home. No more sitting in the library in my lunch hour trying to check mail and read the news and keep up with the good folk on here. :scared:
Hey Sean (or Deb! ) great to see you!!! Would love it if you could come along, make sure you bring some pics of the house etc if you can make it!
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:11 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where and When??

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Hey Sean (or Deb! ) great to see you!!! Would love it if you could come along, make sure you bring some pics of the house etc if you can make it!
We'll try and get there could do with a weekend off.
Since I got my licence work has really taken of in a big way been hard at it 7 days a week but you gotta make hay while the sun shine so they tell me
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Time : 11am. Someone will have to try to get there early to grab the BBQs & area if we can, it will probably end up being us, but if anyone else wants to volunteer, then pls, speak now! .

This is a good location - but it will be very busy! See you there.

Steve
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds great....MrsDagboy, is it ok if some friends of ours come too? They moved over 3 days before us and are living at surfers at the moment but are possibly looking to move up this way. We met via a mutual friend back home just before we both left. They have 2 young children.

thanks
Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:54 am
Rocket Scientist

Gryff, no problem, the more the merrier .

Steve, yeah thats what Im worried about, but that applies just about anywhere!
Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Philanthropist5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Room for any more.
Arrived 22/6/04. still getting to grips with schools & tax file no.'s.
would love to come and learn more.
not a prolific poster but avid reader.

philanthropist
Old Jul 9th 2004, 8:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The more the merrier I reckon....and we could do with a few more from the north side to balance up all those southerners!!
Old Jul 9th 2004, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

oh and how do we recognise each other apart from the accents???? Red/white carnations?...lol
Old Jul 9th 2004, 10:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well usually someone brings a flag I'll try and remember to bring my Welsh one, and I know a few people have English ones too.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Philanthropist5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gryff
oh and how do we recognise each other apart from the accents???? Red/white carnations?...lol
pastey white spindley legs and looks of being lost and confused.

philanthropist
Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Philanthropist5
pastey white spindley legs and looks of being lost and confused.

philanthropist

Hence why I will be wearing jeans!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.